What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the icon for enabling airplay function for photos?

Fabio_rj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People,
I can see the option for aurplay on musics and working to stream audio to apple tv. For videos, there is the option but not working yet. But for photos, neither an icon nor any visible option to enable this function. Apple says on the website that airplay will send audio, video and photos from ipod, iphone e ipad directly to apple tv or other compatible devices. I am worried aout the missing of an airplay option for photos to enable the stream function.
Anyone having an idea about it?
Thanks,
Fabio.

voyager1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition to the iPad and iPhone, Apple also brought out an update for the Apple TV.

Make sure all your devices are switched on. From the Apple TV menu, select General and then Update. It will detect the update and then download, install and restart a couple of times.

Once the Apple TV is updated, go back to your iPad and you'll see the Airplay icon mysteriously appears when browsing photos or playing video.

jjpii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disappearing AirPlay icon

The AirPlay icon was available in both iPod and Photos and both worked perfectly for Apple TV. Now, it does not appear for Photos and I cannot get it to reappear. It still works fine in iPod. My Apple TV has been updated, and all was ok except for the disappearing AirPlay icon in Photos. What to do?

drohe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AirPlay Icon in Photo's is missing .....

I'm having the exact same problem. Airplay works with the Video App and the iPod Music .... to my Apple TV but the Icon does not show up anywhere when I go into Photos? Have restarted both the iPad and Apple TV multiple times with no luck.

Any ideas?

voyager1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you both please confirm the sequence of events affecting you?

For me, I noticed the airplay icon on iTunes since the 10.1 update to iTunes. I think it was greyed out but I never tried it.

I updated my iPad and iPhone to IOS4.2 and the icon was there in iTunes for sound but I didn't get the option to use airplay on iTunes videos, or photos in the photo browser.

On my Apple TV 2, I went into the option to check for updates and it pulled down and applied a system update. It took a while and rebooted itself a few times but once it was up and running, I looked at my iPad and the airplay icon mysteriously appeared in both video and photo.

Are you saying that you done the update to both the iPad/iPhone and Apple TV 2 and you could stream photos and videos for a short while but for some reason the functionality disappeared?

drohe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airplay Icon missing on Photo App on iPad

For me, I did all the updates on the pad, phone and itunes.....did multiple restarts and I can only see the AirPlay Icon on Video and iPod modes.....I've yet to even see the icon on the Photo App. Also, I tried this morning to play a Video to my Apple TV and only the Audio worked? Mysteriously, there was another Apple TV Update this morning for me ......and I thought ...ah ha Apple sent out a fix!!! Yes, it fixed the Video App so that the video did finally play on the Apple TV....but No, the AirPlay Icon is still not showing up on the Photo App. I can't wait to see the Photo Icon work because that appears to be a nice feature of the AirPlay sharing.

still waiting for an anwser ......

dr

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got airprint working and when I open a photo the "send to" icon gives printer as one of the options. You then can select which printer you want.
Don't have apple tv so can't help there sorry.

voyager1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drohe, I don't really know what is causing your problem. Because the iPhone 4 and iPad now have multi-tasking, have you tried terminating the photo session running in the background - going back to the home screen or even switching the device off doesn't seem to clear it. You have to bring up the multitasking menu by "double clicking" the home button. You terminate an app by holding down on one of the running application icons until the cross appears and you can terminate it.

Otherwise, do you have another IOS4 device you can try? Or do you have a friend who can bring his/her iPhone 4 round to try? This is to confirm whether there's an issue with your Apple TV or your iPad.

Most reactions