What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the best place to get a new iPad Air 2 at a good price?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new (not used) ipad Air 2, but I was hoping to save a little money. What are my best options? Is eBay a good choice?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new (not used) ipad Air 2, but I was hoping to save a little money. What are my best options? Is eBay a good choice?

Well, if you are unfamiliar w/ the Apple world, bargains do not exist - sorry! Plus, you want to make sure that you purchase from a reputable dealer and make sure that the warranties are intact - I just checked the Apple site, Walmart, & Best Buy online and the price for a 64 GB iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi only was $599 at each location; below is a 'screen capture' from eBay - yes, you can save $20 but would you trust that seller more than Apple online or a local Apple store - up to you?

Now you can look into a 'refurbished' device from Apple which would save you a few bucks, BUT the bottom line is don't expect a deal - those are your options - good luck! Dave :)

P.S. I just bought an iPad Air 2 in December 2014 from Apple online.
Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 9.38.43 PM.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't go so afar as to say they don't exist, but they are rare. And rare to the point of extinction for the newest models. At least the ones you'd normally want to buy. (meaning, not the blasted 16GB model).

And the savings tend to be modest.

You can sometimes get financing and/or a bit of a deal from a cell carriers, but you'll end up paying it all back in data fees eventually. Which isn't bad, if you were already going to get the iPad and the data plan anyway.

There's a thread around here somewhere where people have been posting any deals they come across. A determined search will probably turn it up.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try swappa.com

Well, the OP wanted a 'new' device - and my first post was that bargains do not exist - this is obviously a relative perception of what a bargain means? To me it's not a $20 or $40 mark down on a new iPad, but more like a 20% or 30% discount on a $600 or so device - those deals in the real market are just not available - so, maybe simply an issue w/ one's idea of a deal?

Now as to the site quoted (here's the LINK), this seems to be yet another site for trading 'used' products - not complaining but still not what the OP wanted - I just sold my old iPad 2 @ Glyde for a good price for the buyer - so plenty of sites available for obtaining 'used' devices - my point is that if you want a 'factory fresh' device from Apple, you'll just not get a 'substantial' discount - Dave :)

Last edited:

nathan.kindle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't know if this will help either at my local best buy I saw many open box ipad airs 2 I know it isn't "new" but you still get a warranty and a return if it's not working right. I saw some great deals. I got mine with the Apple Store credit plus since its is the cellular version my carrier gave me even more credits on my cell phone bills so it ended costing the same as a full price wifi version.
Also you can find new ones on swappa at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got one on eBay yesterday brand new factory sealed for $565 64gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mopepom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my Air2 in bestbuy (Canada) after considerable searching - saved about 15% on list.

Some unasked-for advice: buy twice the RAM you figure you need. Otherwise, you may become the owner of an "idiot savant" tablet that can produce only trivial results at very high speed. RAM is expensive.

mopepom
ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try swappa.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stay away from Ebay. Go to Swappa. They sometimes have new devices as well as used. Just keep an eye out for the deivce you want and price you want. I've used Swappa a lot over the last year and have always had a good experiance.

Most reactions

Latest posts