What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where is the back arrow on iPad

jfjrIpad1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep looking for the back-arrow on my...wife's iPad, occasionally you can just close the new window, other times :(

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad doesn't have a back arrow, except in mobile Safari. While in Safari, you will find a back arrow key on the upper left hand side. If you want to go back to another app that you had open without going back to the home screen, you can double tab the home button to bring up the multi-tasking tray.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep looking for the back-arrow on my...wife's iPad, occasionally you can just close the new window, other times :(

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I hope the previous poster answered your question but if not...

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score

With iOS there is no " back" but there is " forward to previous spot"
Example, if you link a post in an email that takes you to Safari but when done with the link and want to go back to email, there is no back except home. Instead double tap the home button and tap the email app to go "back" to to email.
It takes a little time to get used to but it works well.
Speaking of Safari, if you want a " do all except Flash" browser check out icab mobile. It is much more "Windows like" than any others I've tried.
Welcome to the forum

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions

Latest posts