What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is my camera app?

Wolfboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently bought an ipad 3. However I can't find an app to take pictures with the rear camera. According to my manual, this app should be pre-installed on iPad 3. Can anyone tell me how to get the app?

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Click on the camera icon on the home page. I assume your front-facing camera is working? Then on the grey toolbar at the bottom of the screen you will see a small camera icon with two 'spinning' arrows...this will toggle between the front and rear-facing cameras. I hope this answers your question, if I have understood your problem correctly :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wolfboy said:
Sorry, should have said there is no camera icon on the home page. The front camera is working as I can access this through FaceTime.

Swipe left to get to the search page. Type in camera. Press it to open the app.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, should have said there is no camera icon on the home page. The front camera is working as I can access this through FaceTime.

Well this is certainly odd :rolleyes: You mentioned the "Home Page" but have you looked into the other pages? Also, keep an eye on grouped/combined icons - you may have accidentally grouped it with something else. AFAIK you can't delete this icon.

Just to be sure it's there, keep swiping to the right until you see "search ipad", the type "camera". The camera icon should show up there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is possible to turn the Camera off in Settings > General > Restrictions. That probably makes the Camera app disapere.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It is possible to turn the Camera off in Settings > General > Restrictions. That probably makes the Camera app disapere.

It does make the camera app disappear from view,I just tried it.Facetime and the camera booth also disappear as well.

Last edited:
OP
Wolfboy

Wolfboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I typed "camera" on the search page, and the app appeared. The only thing still puzzling me is why the Camera icon does not appear on the home page or any of the other pages.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wolfboy said:
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I typed "camera" on the search page, and the app appeared. The only thing still puzzling me is why the Camera icon does not appear on the home page or any of the other pages.

Check my previous post.

traveleast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't see Camera

For my case, i have tried all the above options on my ipad (home screen, search) but still i cant see the camera.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For my case, i have tried all the above options on my ipad (home screen, search) but still i cant see the camera.

Unless you have an iPad 1, which doesn't have a camera, the camera app is standard and can't be deleted from the iPad. It can be hidden, though. Go to Settings>General>Restrictions and check to see if the camera has been turned off. If it's turned off, it won't be visible on any of the home screens.

image-3048468115.jpg

Most reactions