What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is Gamecenter login data stored in the filesystem?

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently removed the GameCenter app from my Jailbroken iPad by simply deleting its app folder using iExplorer.

The issue I have now is that I still get a "welcome back, (GameCenter username)" notification dropping down when I start up games.

I'm somehow still signed into GameCenter, and I can't sign out because I removed the app folder.

Where in the file system would that data be stored so I can remove it?

Thanks...

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Game Center application that you just deleted is just an outside application that is not in anyway connected to other applications, games or apps that is associated with Game Center stores up its own data on its own game folder.

Although I could be wrong, check back later and I'll give you an update.

OP
K

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but it has to pull that login info from somewhere, right? how are the games getting my GameCenter login name?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it pulls it off on the file directory inside the app, it's saved on like a preference .txt file or something.

OP
K

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it pulls it off on the file directory inside the app, it's saved on like a preference .txt file or something.
right, but the app gets that from somewhere...my question is, where? i deleted a game and then re-installed it, and the message was still popping up with my GameCenter username...so it's pulling it from somewhere on the file system that is not in the GameCenter app folder that I deleted...

Anyone know where it would be stored?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My educated guess is that it's hooked into the GameCenter servers. As in, the game goes online to talk to the GameCenter and that's where it gets your info. My only idea on fixing that is to log out of Game Center from within each app you play...

Marilyn

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My educated guess is that it's hooked into the GameCenter servers. As in, the game goes online to talk to the GameCenter and that's where it gets your info. My only idea on fixing that is to log out of Game Center from within each app you play...

I forgot about that one, it is probably saved on GameCenter servers...

OP
K

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

Ah, you may be right about that. So my question becomes: how does one log out of GameCenter if you've deleted the folder from the OS? I'd really like to avoid an iPad restore at this point...

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just download the GameCenter deb file and use a File Directory opener (such as iFunbox, etc) and put it in the applications file, or maybe it's in the app store? If it is just download the app.. xD

OP
K

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just download the GameCenter deb file and use a File Directory opener (such as iFunbox, etc) and put it in the applications file, or maybe it's in the app store? If it is just download the app.. xD
thanks for your help. i re-installed the Game Center .deb using iFile, and it seems to have worked correctly (the GameCenter.app folder is where is should be again), but the icon never appeared on the home screen anywhere.

how can i start the app or get the icon back?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, that's a problem... I'll try researching on this one, I'll get back to you soon.

OP
K

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any ideas on this one? i wasn't able to figure it out...

Most reactions

Latest posts