Where is delete key

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Ray Perkins, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Ray Perkins

Ray Perkins
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    When I am trying to login to my desktop computer using logmein if my computer has logged off and I need to press Ctrl Alt Del how can I accomplish that with the ipad?

2. Richard Brown

Richard Brown
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Hello Ray,

Welcome to the forum. From the way you have phrased your question I am assuming that you want to force the iPad to perform an operation. Alt Ctrl Del (the "3 fingered salute") is used in windows to call up task manager.

If you want to close apps running in the background, you use 4 fingers to swipe upwards - yes 1 better than windows! ;) - to open the status bar at the bottom of the screen.
    Hold down any of the icons in the bar until the icons jiggle and an X on a black box appears top right of each icon.
    Then tap the icons of those apps you want to close. This frees up RAM. You will not lose the apps or associated data.
    When done press the home button and 4 fingered swipe down to close the status bar.

Now, if you wish to restart or reset your iPad Do not despair, you need to try these simple fixes....

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar double tap the 'home button ; press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' -

NOTE that none of this will alter your apps, files, or settings.

HTH

I am going to move your thread to iPad help.

To add to your enjoyment of the forum, do visit these links...
    3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html/] iPad tips and tricks
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html/]iPad ios5 tips and tricks
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/61009-easy-pictorial-shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html/]pictorial shortcuts and helpful places

Enjoy!

Richard Brown
    A member of the iPF moderators' team.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk.

3. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't have the Logmein app - but I found a PDF instruction book. In it was this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377607487.188928.jpg

Does that do what you need?

Marilyn

4. Ray Perkins

Ray Perkins
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Marilyn