What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where in the World

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What is the building shown in the picture and where in the big round world is it located?

image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't monitor a challenge right now so any member who chooes may post the next challenge.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Please name this mountain and state its geographic location. What is it known for? Who were the first people to climb to the summit and when?

image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is Mount Kilimanjaro, a dormant volcano, the highest mountain in Africa and the highest free standing mountain in the world at 19,341 feet. It was first climbed in 1889 by Hans Meyer and Ludwig Purtscheller.

It is the only mountain in Africa with permanent glaciers at its summit.

It's located in northern Tanzania at 03°04'33" south latitude, 37°21'12" east longitude.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
HINT : This is an active volcano, whose last confirmed eruption was about 1300 years ago. However, there were minor ash emissions in 1993, due to which it has been classified as 'active'.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's Nevado Ojos del Salado, in the Andes.

However, as I'm about to hit the sack, I'll leave it to others to fill in the details and claim the prize.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's Nevado Ojos del Salado, in the Andes.

However, as I'm about to hit the sack, I'll leave it to others to fill in the details and claim the prize.

Thats correct!

The one who posts the answers to the rest of the questions will be the one to post the next challenge.

P.S. I was looking for a more accurate answer for the location.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Anyone up to the challenge? I need the the reason for it being known and the first people to climb to the summit, along with the year they did so, and the location of the Nevado Ojos Del Salado.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is the Nevado Ojos Del Salado in the Andes along the Argentina Chile border. It is the highest active volcano currently, with its peak at a height of 6893 m (22615 ft) It was first scaled by Jan Alfred Szczepański and Justyn Wojsznis in 1937.

The challenge is now opened to all.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next challenge:

What's the name and nickname of this island. Where is it located, how many inhabitants are there, and what's the species (endangered) that made this island famous?

image.jpg

Wikipedia

Most reactions

Latest posts