What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where have you been on a boat?

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been watching the posts about wooden boats. The first boat I co-owned was a 34' river fishing boat. I wish I had photos but I guess I was to busy re-caulking the fore hull.
The next boat I co-owned was a 45' ketch, It was burned to the water line when we bought it. And the co-owner has all the photos! It took about a year to finish it. It was actually up on the hard, getting a new coat of anti-foull, at one point I was working on sanding down and oiling the rails. I stood up to stretch my back and take a break. Well, the boom was just loose enough to catch wind in the sail and WHAM. I woke up, have no idea how long I was out, and broke my already fractured back! WOW did I love working on, sailing on and living on ( for a few weeks ), the who experience on both boats was really something else! Squib

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
:) :) :)

That looks terrifying! I could only keep watching by pretending they were toy boats.! What a disaster for any person on board. Thanks for posting that. Reality is important to see.

Last edited:

jbcoleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In New York City, there's a very cool boat on the Hudson River that turns into a bar in summer... that's my favorite boat.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been through the Bermuda Triangle, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cuba, the east coast of South America, the straights of Magellan, crossed the equator, the west coast of Africa.. though I was a member of the U.S. Navy (aboard the USS Joseph Hewes FF-1078) at the time. Does that count?

K

KGB_10

I've been through the Bermuda Triangle, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cuba, the east coast of South America, the straights of Magellan, crossed the equator, the west coast of Africa.. though I was a member of the U.S. Navy (aboard the USS Joseph Hewes FF-1078) at the time. Does that count?

I was a member of the KGB and I had to sail across the world!!! :/ (just kidding) I'm from Florida!!! Did I trick YOU?!? :)

K

KGB_10

Hey everyone, I have been watching the posts about wooden boats. The first boat I co-owned was a 34' river fishing boat. I wish I had photos but I guess I was to busy re-caulking the fore hull.
The next boat I co-owned was a 45' ketch, It was burned to the water line when we bought it. And the co-owner has all the photos! It took about a year to finish it. It was actually up on the hard, getting a new coat of anti-foull, at one point I was working on sanding down and oiling the rails. I stood up to stretch my back and take a break. Well, the boom was just loose enough to catch wind in the sail and WHAM. I woke up, have no idea how long I was out, and broke my already fractured back! WOW did I love working on, sailing on and living on ( for a few weeks ), the who experience on both boats was really something else! Squib

I'm rich and have more than 40 million so I have a yacht and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I live in Florida and take rides all the time. I also have crazy parties on it!!!

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad to hear we have something in common! Crazy parties! :)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I would like to hear about your experiences while you were in any of those places, especially the Bermuda Triangle! Anything weird happen?

rjkgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have only been on a boat in fresh water but almost every lake in northern washington

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Of course that counts! That is a LOT of time on/in the water! Was this ALL in one trip??

Most reactions

Latest posts