What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where have you been on a boat?

MarkAS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on a boat last year in Vancouver

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fulford to Swartz Bay terminal yesterday.Missed the 3pm sailing home due to an overload.We have a smaller boat on this month while the Skeena Queen is in dry dock.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Love that avatar! Is in full pic mode yet? Squib

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes I did post my Huichol avatar in full and you can view it on the sigh thread "images you would like to share"

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry WE GOT OFF TOPIC!!
! I'm still making my list! My friend who's dream has been to circumnavigate the world is just about therM They are waiting on parts for their motor, which they rarely use but rules are you can not sail across the middle( Gatun )

View attachment 40276

lake,! When i went through there in '80 we swam in it! now no one is even allowed to stop nevermind frolic in the water! Once the motor is done they will be going through the locks to the Pacific side and she will have achieved her dream!! If they go on to OZ she will have done it in her a d her mates own boat! It 's only 34' ft and I think they left Australia in 1998? I will have to check on that date! They have supported themselves by working.

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the San Joan JAZZ FESTIVAL? I think it is near the end of summer! I got there twice and had such a GREAT time sailing there and then enjoying the festival! It is truly amazing! So if you happen to be on a boat in the Gulf make sure you look up the festival! I wish I had photo's! I had one but gave it away.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In 1985, the ship I was serving in sailed up the Columbia River to Portland, Oregon for the Rose Festival. There was, at the time, a large Canadian and U.S. naval presence at the festival.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In 1985, the ship I was serving in sailed up the Columbia River to Portland, Oregon for the Rose Festival. There was, at the time, a large Canadian and U.S. naval presence at the festival.

So, did you guys get to go for fun or was there another reason for you being there? Or was the rose festival a boat parade? Do you have any photo"s?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, did you guys get to go for fun or was there another reason for you being there? Or was the rose festival a boat parade? Do you have any photo"s?

Mainly as just a regular port visit. We also gave tours of the ship to any interested visitors while we were there.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mainly as just a regular port visit. We also gave tours of the ship to any interested visitors while we were there.

That"s great! When Expo was here in Vancouver in '86 I remember going into the Canadian ARmed Forces and got to put a hat on and they took my photo! It was one of my most favourite pic,s ever. I showed it to my Dad and he liked it so much he wouldn't give it back! Another time I boarded a US Naval ship that had either giant guns or nuclear warheads on it. That was a good tour and made me realise at once I could never be in any kind of unit that would require me to follow orders ALL the time! Or live in such tight quarters with so many people! I sure admire that quality in people like you!

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the San Joan JAZZ FESTIVAL? I think it is near the end of summer! I got there twice and had such a GREAT time sailing there and then enjoying the festival! It is truly amazing! So if you happen to be on a boat in the Gulf make sure you look up the festival! I wish I had photo's! I had one but gave it away.

No, but when we tied up in Rotterdam I got to see a jazz festival there - loads of fun and good music over two days (may have lasted longer but wanted to see the Anne Frank house too).

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Now Holland would be a wonderful place to have a boat. I lived on a houseboat on the Fraser river and had a book all a out huse boats, mainly photos, and the best one's were in Holland! And a JAZZ Festival on top! WOW, ! Almost paradise.

Most reactions

Latest posts