What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you store your stylus?

pates88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,

I've recently gotten an iPad and am planning to purchase a case and stylus for it. Ideally the case will double as a stand for different viewing angles.

My question is: For those of you who use a stylus regularly, where do you store it? I would really like to store the stylus with the case so it doesn't get lost, but none of the cases I've looked at have an obvious secure place to accommodate a stylus.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a nice portable dvd case that works fine from bestbuy for $20 and it has pockets.

ricki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stylus Storing

Greetings,

I've recently gotten an iPad and am planning to purchase a case and stylus for it. Ideally the case will double as a stand for different viewing angles.

My question is: For those of you who use a stylus regularly, where do you store it? I would really like to store the stylus with the case so it doesn't get lost, but none of the cases I've looked at have an obvious secure place to accommodate a stylus.

I use a Boxwave stylus. It has a little plug that fits into the hole at the top of the iPad. It also has a pen clip that you can clip on to your case. I use it a lot and it works great. Check it out!

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to get a stylus or two for last minute stocking stuffers. I can't find them in stock in any stores including best buy.

any ideas?

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the targus stylus and it works well, usually I put it in my pocket or use the clip to attach it to my apple case.

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using a Sena zipbook case. It has two leather and two elastic loops in the corners that hold the iPad in place. My stylus has a clip on it and I just slip it onto one of the corner loops. It rests between the iPad and the case.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Boxwave is great in that it has a little clip to fit into a hole on top of the iPad or phone. It's not the absolute best stylus I've used, but it's the only one I can keep up with. LOL

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Targus brand and although it works , I find it not as responsive as my finger. I think I will return and save the $18 . I find it that I have to apply a small amount of force to activate the stylus ,almost like having a screen protector.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't ask don't tell.....

Never bothered with one as I'm always losing pens :(

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Boxwave stylus. It has a little plug that fits into the hole at the top of the iPad. It also has a pen clip that you can clip on to your case. I use it a lot and it works great. Check it out!

Exactly how I do it - same stylus (Boxwave) and clip it to the thin material part of the case (InCase - check it out too - I bought it for the varying viewing angles)).

Rakuen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the STM Scout XS bag and it has an area with pen loops included, it's a pretty small bag and easy to carry, nice way not to lose my stylus's as knowing me I'll forget it on a desk somewhere.:eek:

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ditch the stylus
Sure, fingers are the way to go for normal iPad use, but if you do a lot of writing/drawing on the iPad, using your finger becomes incredibly tedious, messy and painful after a while.

I'm very happy with the Targus stylus and would love to store it on/in(?) the iPad itself rather than clip it onto my shirt. My current leather Sena case won't let me attach the Targus.

I use a Boxwave stylus. It has a little plug that fits into the hole at the top of the iPad.
What "hole at the top of the iPad"? The headphone socket? Is the pen designed to do that? Is the stylus secure there? I can't imagine how such a setup would work, but it sounds interesting.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,

Pics? Hole? Huh???

Most reactions