Where do you plan on purchasing your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by windex, Feb 24, 2010.

?

Where will you purchase the iPad

1. At the Apple Store

32.5%
  2. online at APPLE.com

34.9%
  3. other (i.e. bestbuy if available)

12.0%
  4. where ever you can get your hands on it first?

18.1%
  5. have not decided

6.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. windex

windex
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    So are you going to get it at the apple store, or online, or bestbuy ( i heard that was going to be a possibility), or what?

i realize that this is kind of a dup post, but the other did not have a poll.

#1 windex, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. JLStrange

JLStrange
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm hoping we'll see a price discount from AT&T when you sign up for a 3G plan.

3. windex

windex
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i don't think this will happen. what you are talking about is usually associated with contracts (usually multiple year contracts).

the 3g 'plan' for the iPad is not a contract, it is a month to month cancel anytime plan.

The reason that carriers offer reductions on devices is because they basically pay the device manufacturer a portion of the cost in exchange for a guarantee of profits for their own service to the user.

Example:

you buy a phone that was discounted throught the carrier, but you had to sign up for a contract to get the price.

How it works:

the carrier pays the device company their price for the phone but then sells the phone to you at a lower cost. However they make up for that loss of money by ensuring that you will use their service for a length of time, which after a certain period will pay for the loss and then the rest is just profit for them.

#3 windex, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  4. rudeman

rudeman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Get it at Best Buy. Get the freerewards points and use the AMEX for free extended warranty.

5. iBean

iBean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Probably on line at MacMALL if they offer any kind of discount. If not, then I'll try my hand at the Apple Store. I'm not is a screaming rush to get one, as I still haven't decided if I really need/want 3G.

6. cfw123

cfw123
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I always buy Apple products from amazon.com. Since I am a prime member, I don't have to pay for shipping. Since I don't have to pay sales taxes for things from amazon, I save a bundle from that alone. But they always give you a good discount on the retail price, so that' another saving -- usually 10% or more from that alone, plus almot 10% by not paying sales tax, and that's almost a 20% savings, over the Apple store, and more from their on-line store if they try to charge you shipping and handling. Charles Wilkes

#6 cfw123, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  7. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Since the iPad is a major competitor to the Amazon Kindle, do you think they'll be selling it?:confused:

8. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Buy it online

If you already know that you want it then just buy it online from Apple. I have never seen any discounts on Apple products anywhere. Whatever Apple says the price is that's it. Did you ever see Best Buy with a cheaper price on Apple products than Apple?

9. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ipad is the Kindle Killer

I don't know if you are ironic, or you believe what you wrote , Amazon will sell the products of the biggest competitor of his product .... and give discount to their prime member

it look like Mac'do will give a voucher for Wendy's :D

10. Eeyore

Eeyore
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Order Online and have it sent. Don't like crowds, lol. :D