What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do YOU get your iBooks from? (for those that don't buy em)

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stanza then goto ******* and add them as a repository (do via website, it's easy). Very awesome. Initially I disliked straying from iBooks cause of the pretty bookshelf but now I find Stanza the better eReader.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meezers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never downloaded a book from limewire that I didn't purchase. If I kept all my books I would have to live in the NYC library. I saved all the .lit books from years ago and have converted them using calibre. I have to admit I like having the Harry Potter books this way and since I have purchased hard backs, paper backs and British editions I don't feel so bad.

Memoware has free books but I can't remember the format right now.

wyyam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I like to do bakery..
May i know where can i download those ingredients for free?

MJA Ware

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never seen that "Steal this Book" before! That's funny! Will have to go research it now :)

Amazon and Smashwords are great for FREE books, but Smashwords just aren't formatted as nicely as I'd like....might sound like a complaint, I realize they're free, but I just think Amazon does a great job.

Does Barnes and Noble or Kobo books offer any freebies? I never checked.

Yes, but many are formated (and uploaded) by smashwords, so you'll have the same formatting.

I know I take extra care with my smashwords formatting. It usually takes 3-4 tries, but it's possible to get nice, clean formatting with smashwords.

bigolyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im looking for the same thing... I usually buy the paper books, but just got an ipad, doesnt make sense to buy the paper version and the ebook. Curious if theres a repo out there with new bestsellers/biographies?

bigolyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure you can actually read...

I already own the physical books, just got my ipad, want the E-book and was curious if theres a place to get them.... Dont want to actually have to buy the e-book since I already own the physical one.

ipadfan007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
P.s. I prefer better real book than my ipad. Just using it more to watch movies or read daily news.

Last edited by a moderator:

bogiesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to start getting mine from the library. BlueFire Reader now supports library loans. I also see that OverDrive is coming out with their own IPad reader app that will make getting library books even easier. I can't wait.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found out about the Bluefire app a few days ago and it is long over due! (No pun intended!). I really think the OverDrive people got sold a bill of goods when they decided to go with Adobe Digital Editions because it shut out all of the Apple mobile device users. I guess they were the first (and probably only?) company to develop a DRM scheme that would only allow the publication to be viewable for a specific length of time.

txdave13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found out about the Bluefire app a few days ago and it is long over due! (No pun intended!). I really think the OverDrive people got sold a bill of goods when they decided to go with Adobe Digital Editions because it shut out all of the Apple mobile device users. I guess they were the first (and probably only?) company to develop a DRM scheme that would only allow the publication to be viewable for a specific length of time.

Bluefire sounds great. The capability to get library books is HUGE. Is it pretty user friendly?

ETA: Never mind. I just saw your post in the Epub thread. Search is your friend. Thanks!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts