What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you Find magazines you can read on the iPad?

marvw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aside from Zinio how do you find magazines for sale for the iPad? I typed in 'magazines' in the iBook store and only a few popped up. I tried the same in the App store. I know they're there, but why is it so hard to find and why doesn't Apple have a section for magazines? The Kindle store is easy to find magazines but most indicate they are not for the iPad. I cant just enter every possible name. Any help navigating the Apple sites?

avwh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are you looking for?
Do you have print subscriptions you'd like to get online instead/in addition to?

I like The Economist which gives me an editors' summary without a print subscription. And I get SI Magazine online for free b/c I have a print subscription.

OP
M

marvw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just looking. But there doesn't seem to be a section where you can simply find magazines and browse through. Or am I missing it?

muglich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try googling magazines for iPad list. I agree, no easy way on iTunes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS 5 is supposed to add a Magazine Rack (place to keep magazines organized). It should include an easier way to discover them in the store.

m3incorp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also download the free Kindle Reader and from there you can download any magazine or book that is available for the Kindle. Amazon has a lot of mags and books to include the $1.99 Ipad 2 Tips and Tricks books.

adamhood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Timbuktu Magazine has been touted as the first iPad magazine for kids. And since I’m not a kid, I gave my iPad to my 6 year old daughter Grace and had her give it a try while I observed and took notes.
First off, there were definitely some barriers to entry for my little girl, such as the reading level. I’d say that it’d be a couple of years before my daughter could pick this up and read much of what’s written — and she reads at a Grade One level. I had to read much of the text to her throughout the magazine. She was, however, able to connect some of the pages I’d read to her to things referenced throughout the magazine. If you download Timbuktu Magazine for your child and they are of a younger age, you’re going to be reading it to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

marvw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not Kindle

When I find a magazine with the Kindle App there is a link to the devices you can read the magazine with and it never says the iPad, only the Kindle.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marvw said:
When I find a magazine with the Kindle App there is a link to the devices you can read the magazine with and it never says the iPad, only the Kindle.

You can read the magazines individually on the kindle app on your iPad, you just can't subscribe to them yet.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts