What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where can i watch TV shows for free

L4UZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ive just got into The walking Dead series and want to watch season 1 and the start of season 2
I want to watch them for free on my ipad 2 any suggestions?
Im in the UK :)

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...I don't know if you will be able to find it "free" to watch series 1 & 2. However, have you tried Hulu plus? You have to pay monthly, I believe, but may be a thought for accessing these shows this way.

Anything, in terms of watching a paid show for free is not permissible to discuss here on this forum. So we hope that wasn't the intent, but wanted to make that clear.

Thanks and Welcome to the forum! :)

D

dvdcatalyst

So ive just got into The walking Dead series and want to watch season 1 and the start of season 2

You can watch TV shows for free on your iPad in the UK with the BBC iPlayer:

App Store - BBC iPlayer

but to watch previous episodes of the walking dead, you likely end up having to catch reruns or just buy the DVDs.

On Amazon UK, Season 1 runs £10.74 which is a pretty good deal.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Jeffrey DeMunn, Frank Darabont, Ernest R. Dickerson, Guy Ferland, Gwyneth Horder-Payton, Michelle Maxwell MacLaren, Johan Renck, Gale A

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dvdcatalyst said:
You can watch TV shows for free on your iPad in the UK with the BBC iPlayer:

App Store - BBC iPlayer

Obviously only bbc program's though eh.

You can also download apps such as "catch up tv" and "film on" which offer free to air tv channels. I'm sure there are plenty of others too but these are the ones I use.

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other then BBC iPlayer, there is ITV Player on the App Store and I think there is a Channel 4 app on there, though I am not sure about that one, they are catch up ones like BBC iPlayer.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
L4UZ said:

Download the FREE Netflix App for iPad and you can view Season 1 of Walking Dead. It's £5.99 per month to stream unlimited video (TV & movies). There's no lock-in, you pay by the month. Don't like it, stop paying. Either way you get 1season (6) episodes of Walking Dead for £5.99.

AA

OP
L

L4UZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys!
Ive searched everywhere for ages but cant find it anywhere ive tryed channel 5 catch up but they arent showing it
Ive been on things like hulu but doesnt seem to work i just get loads of pop ups.
Ive found them on itunes (as dnt want the dvds really wanted to watch them on ipad as tv is always in use eg ps3 or cartoons!!)
Just thought itunes was alittle expensive fir saying season 1 is only 6 episodes...
Ho hum guess ill have to buy them
(im strictly legit! Admin :) )
Thanks again x

OP
L

L4UZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill give netflix ago i think! Thanks!!!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
This thread started with a specific question about "free" access to commercial content.

Members have tried to steer the poster to legitimate pay for use options.

IPF does not support or condone piracy / theft, of
intellectual or commercial digital property.

Fly straight or a Moderator / Administrator will close this thread.

AA

Most reactions