What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the settings?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to the forum's help page, I should be able to tweak settings by going to the iPad's "Settings", scrolling to the "Apps" section and opening iPF. The iPF icon is not there, neither on the iPad nor on the iPhone. Anyone have any idea where it might have gone?

Both devices are stock, iPF was downloaded onto my PC and automatically added to iPad 2 and iPhone 4 via wifi.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the forum's help page, I should be able to tweak settings by going to the iPad's "Settings", scrolling to the "Apps" section and opening iPF. The iPF icon is not there, neither on the iPad nor on the iPhone. Anyone have any idea where it might have gone?

Both devices are stock, iPF was downloaded onto my PC and automatically added to iPad 2 and iPhone 4 via wifi.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
The iPF App no longer appears in the iPad Setting's App area. Global settings for the iPF App can be made by tapping on "More" (bottom right-hand corner) and then "Settings:.

We'll have to update the instructions. Apologies for the confusion.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the OP means changing the settings for the iPF app in the iPad's 'Settings' app. I don't have the iPF app so I can't help, but most of my other apps have an entry in the 'Settings' app that can set up some basic parameters.

Tim

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the OP means changing the settings for the iPF app in the iPad's 'Settings' app. I don't have the iPF app so I can't help, but most of my other apps have an entry in the 'Settings' app that can set up some basic parameters.

Tim
Ah, got it. In that case, as the OP said, the iPF App does not show up in the iPad's App Settings. I'll have a look at the instructions and PM an Admin if they need updating.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I see now I was looking for something that simply wasn't there. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I wanted to tweak. Oh, well. Couldn't have been too life-changing.

Great forum, by the way.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I see now I was looking for something that simply wasn't there. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I wanted to tweak. Oh, well. Couldn't have been too life-changing.

Great forum, by the way.
Thanks for the kind words and enjoy the forum!

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just remembered what I wanted to tweak. The posts are showing (I assume) GMT. I wonder if it's possible to change to my timezone, or whether it's fixed? Anyone?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just remembered what I wanted to tweak. The posts are showing (I assume) GMT. I wonder if it's possible to change to my timezone, or whether it's fixed? Anyone?
You can do that from the User Control Panel on your computer (unfortunately not from our iPF App). Once you're signed in to the forum go to the "Settings" button at the top of any page, then click on "General Settings" in the left-hand column. Scroll down to "Date and Time Options" and click on the "Time Zone" drop-down menu to find your local time zone.

Enjoy!

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
richsadams said:
You can do that from the User Control Panel on your computer (unfortunately not from our iPF App). Once you're signed in to the forum go to the "Settings" button at the top of any page, then click on "General Settings" in the left-hand column. Scroll down to "Date and Time Options" and click on the "Time Zone" drop-down menu to find your local time zone.

Enjoy!

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts