What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where are "saved" pictures/photos?

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From time to time, I see a photo and touch the screen of my iPad, I get a choice of copy or save, I select save, but have never been able to locate these saved pics.

Oh, and if this post is underlined, I have no idea why
When you save an image you find on the internet, it ends up in the camera roll on your device.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saved photos should be in your Photos app. That's the place where you should find them.

If you're posting via browser (not an app), it's possible that you clicked/tapped this by chance:
IMG_6032.JPG

That's the reason why you're writing underlined.

OP
I

islandman

The camera roll is where they used to go, but when one of the updates came, the camera roll went ( see hundreds of similar questions when googling) so that isn't an option. The instance where this happens is when I look at a view from a streaming live webcam of a Harbour, I see something that requires swift action, to touch the screen which then freezes and save pic option is touched, is what I do. Then all I want is to find the flippin thing. You would have thought that was a simple enough request.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you open the photos app, you'll see a menu bar at the bottom. Tap on the Albums icon and you should see the camera roll along with a lot of other albums.
IMG_1679.JPG

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If there's not an album called "Camera Roll", there should be one called "All Photos" in the albums tab.

If you look at the Photos tab in your Photos app, you might find the images somewhere inbetween. Photos orders the images by the date they were actually taken, not when you saved them to your device.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. Finding a photo you saved from the internet can be tricky. As Johanna pointed out, photos are displayed by their date, which is saved in the photo's metadata. I once saved a large number of dog images to my iPad (for drawing reference), and had to scroll back a good ways before I found all of them.

If this is a problem, I can think of a couple of workarounds that use the copy option and/or the Workflow app to either store the picture in a different app (like Notes) or in a specific album in Photos. Not as easy as using the Save Image option, but not too many more taps.

OP
I

islandman

Yes, it should be in the albumins area, but it isn't, I will now spend time looking for them in photos. This shouldn't be too difficult because I took three last night using the touch "save pic" method, and the using home and sleep button.

Most reactions

Latest posts