What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are my TV Shows/Movies exactly? (Redundant EyeTV copies)

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Elgato EyeTV3 software and a dual tuner Silicon Dust HDHR to record TV shows to watch on various media boxes* via my local network (both LAN and WLAN).
* Apple TV 1 w/XBMC, WDTV Live Streaming, iPad 1 & 2, TiVo Premiers, Smartphones *

For some strange reason iTunes places TV Shows inside the Music folder in OSX - but whatever -
User/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/TV Shows -----> Music = TV shows....really?

On the iPad, using Live3G I can watch/stream Live TV - or watch any recorded shows in my EyeTV Library via the EyeTV3 software running on my Mac. Very Cool.
I keep my EyeTV Recordings/Archive folder in MOVIES, which makes much more sense to me than putting it in MUSIC.

In trying out the iPad offerings I choose the Video app and get the following tabs -
TV Shows-Podcasts-Shared

Under TV Shows I only see a couple of shows - while under Shared/(my name)iTunes Media - I see many more - the same shows that are in iTunes on my Mac.
I'm GUESSING that it's because the "TV Shows" I see have been copied onto the iPad as opposed to Shared (Streaming)?

In iTunes/Devices/iPad/TV Shows - SyncTVShows is checked. "Automatically Include" is not checked.
Include Episodes from Playlists - none checked
Here, EyeTV is an option as a playlist - but I don't HAVE an EyeTV Playlist in iTunes! hmmm

Where is the EyeTV Playlist?

By using EyeTV Playlist, can I bypass redundantly copying my recorded TV Shows to both these locations?
User/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/TV Shows
User/Movies/EyeTV Recordings/EyeTV Archive

I'm not sure where EyeTV exports to, or if by turning export OFF and finding the EyeTV Playlist I can still get the TV Shows into iTunes...?

Hope this question makes sense, I did answer some things about it for myself just by typing the question, but am still in the dark about the EyeTV Playlist thing.

Most reactions