What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will we be able to Jailbreak the Ipad2?

IDIOT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still waiting on mine to be delivered a month after ordering it from Apple- so when will we be able to Jailbreak these Ipad 2's?

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still waiting on mine to be delivered a month after ordering it from Apple- so when will we be able to Jailbreak these Ipad 2's?

Personally I doubt that it will ever happen.
Mine is also on the way to my house, but I don't put much hope that the JB will be released.

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a reason why you cannot go back to old firm ware say 4.2. And jailbreak the iPad 2 that way? Or am I missing something

Cuppachaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pwned Pak said:
Is there a reason why you cannot go back to old firm ware say 4.2. And jailbreak the iPad 2 that way? Or am I missing something

It is not the firmware which is the problem it is the a5 chip!

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought they already broke it and just want to iron it out and make it user friendly before they release it. That may have been a rumour but I am hoping it is true.

pphmmr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
very soon in jun I think. there is news about iPhone5 that apple will start shipment in september this means the production should start july-august.
and this is the reason why they don't have to wait for it. No more worries about to patch A5 by apple.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They did jailbrake iPad 2 on 4.3, there are a few problems though. From what I understand the A5 chip is making it much more difficult and in order to not be sued by Apple for copyright infringement the devs have to basically re-write all the code. First they were just trying to find an exploit to see if they could even get in and once they accomplish that then they start work on the recoding. I’m sure there is a lot more to it but those seemed to be the major hurdles. I think there will be a jailbrake available eventually, just have to be patient. Also got to remember that the devs do all of this work for free so no one has any right to get upset with them… I know I couldn’t do what they do. Once the jailbrake is available it will be announced all over the place so just check back from time to time to see if there are any updates.

Just to clarify, I’m not saying anyone is being rude towards the devs. I read my post and it could have come off the wrong way… I have to remind myself on a daily basis that I need to be patient :) . Also , this is a good thread to follow: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/22660-ipad-2-jailbreak-4-3-a.html It’s solely on the iPad 2 jailbrake. It says 4.3 but who knows what firmware the jailbrake will actually be for when it’s released.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pwned Pak said:

4.2 never existed on iPad2. Firmware is device specific.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also got to remember that the devs do all of this work for free so no one has any right to get upset with them…
Who is getting upset?

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"
Just to clarify, I’m not saying anyone is being rude towards the devs. I read my post and it could have come off the wrong way…
LOL never mind

Most reactions

Latest posts