What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When to turn off my I pad 2

merylu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,

I am new to I pad and would like to know how often should I turn it off. I use it a lot (it is now my main "computer"), and after a few days It is out of battery. Is it best to turn it off completely each time ( if for example I am not going to be using it for a few hours) or just at night? What are your suggestions for a good battery life?

many thanks!
merylu

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Personally I never turn it off, only let it go into standby. Never noticed any problems with battery life, and I suspect the majority of owners are the same.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Same here, I close the cover and that switches it to standby mode, one thing I do each evening before I sleep is close all the apps running in the background. To do this, double click the HOME button, this will show all running program icons at bottom of screen, press one of these till they start wiggling, then press the red 'X' on each one........this will close them down in the internal memory and help to prolong battery and speed.

Chris

Vertigo1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, I close the cover and that switches it to standby mode, one thing I do each evening before I sleep is close all the apps running in the background. To do this, double click the HOME button, this will show all running program icons at bottom of screen, press one of these till they start wiggling, then press the red 'X' on each one........this will close them down in the internal memory and help to prolong battery and speed.

Or just four-finger swipe upwards :)

Most reactions

Latest posts