What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When multi-tasking from?

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What date and is it possible to work on different applications simultaneously? For example, would it be possible to work on a word processor and have a web browser open in the background and listen to music on Youtube?

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What date and is it possible to work on different applications simultaneously? For example, would it be possible to work on a word processor and have a web browser open in the background and listen to music on Youtube?

Apple has not said when iOS 4.2 will release, but it is expected before 2011.

OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see. Is the new OS also intended to improve the signal strength of the wifi, or is that something not affeceted by this? I've noticed a lot of people complain about the wifi strength of their device. The same for me. Sometiems the strength isn't good and videos (such as Youtube), in particular, load very slowly, though web pages based on text do not get effected to much. It happens occasionally and not all the time.

Last edited:

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think they have said anything about fixing WiFi with 4.2.x. A new Developer release went out this morning and there were only bug fixes, no new features mentioned. Then again I have had zero problems with WiFi. Have you tried various configuration changes to your Access Point/Router? I've seen a number of people saying they've fixed several problems by optimizing their wireless settings.

At this point I suspect they are in jeopardy of missing November for the release. A new release candidate went out today and I can't imagine they would release just before the holiday and risk severe problems at that time. But then Apple has shown a willingness to release with bugs and patch later, see iOS 4.0 as an example. And they are probably under extreme pressure since SJ said it would be November 2010.

Most reactions

Latest posts