What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When I connect through facebook for an app. it's in a different language

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While of little help I hit Facebook with the iPad app and it is fine.

Recall using it briefly yesterday without issue as well.

In the beginning of the thread seems altering ones routing by jumping off wifi and onto 3G cleared up the issue.

After reading all posts the problem is not platform specific or application specific which leads me to believe it was/is a Facebook problem where they assign a default language based on originating IP address, and I would presume only for mobile devices.

Did anyone try hitting Facebook from windows from the same wireless access point that caused the original problem?

Jamie2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get back to everyone .. It was working 2 days ago ... Not sure if it was that I signed in with my email instead of my name or if the situation just happened to to away.. :)
But in reply to above I believe you mean a laptop with windows...yes laptop with windows 7 connected through the same wireless was working fine.
I'm currently having problems logging in to one app so far today as it just keeps looping back to sign in page ...but at least it's in English lol...will write back if it's a problem of more then one app later...thank you for your help!

Most reactions