What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When buying a used iPad Mini 4 is a 3 year model too old?

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been keeping an eye on used Mint iPad Mini 4’s on the internet to find one at a good price. Do you think I should buy one any older than 2 years old?

Found one that was bought new in Sept 2015 that was used for an hour a day but wondering if you would be taking a chance on a diminishing battery?

Last edited:

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Been keeping an eye on used Mint iPad Mini 4’s on the internet to find one at a good price. Do you think I should buy one any older than 2 years old?

Found one that was bought new in Sept 2015 that was used for an hour a day but wondering if you would be taking a chance on a diminishing battery?

Unfortunately you can’t run any tests until you have it in your possession, but if the Mini 4 is a good price, it might be worth taking a chance. I still have, as spare, an old iPad 2 and the battery is fine.

OP
M

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course you have to take in good faith what the seller is saying whether it’s actually true or not. But she says it’s mint and been used an hour a day for playing games and she wants $169 shipped.

Is it worth the money?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Of course you have to take in good faith what the seller is saying whether it’s actually true or not. But she says it’s mint and been used an hour a day for playing games and she wants $169 shipped.

Is it worth the money?

Other things to take into consideration are whether with it is a cellular model and its storage capacity.
Another option, if you can afford a bit more, is to get an Apple refurbished model, which will come with a year's warranty.

OP
M

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It’s WiFi and 16 GB which is sufficient for my wife. Shes been using an original (first one) iPad Mini with WiFi and 16 GB and that suits her just fine.

I really can’t/don’t want to spend anymore than $175-$200 for a iPad Mini 4 so refurbished is out of my price range.

Don’t think I can buy one any cheaper than the $170 range but possible you could find a little newer one for that price... maybe or not.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It’s WiFi and 16 GB which is sufficient for my wife. Shes been using an original (first one) iPad Mini with WiFi and 16 GB and that suits her just fine.

I really can’t/don’t want to spend anymore than $175-$200 for a iPad Mini 4 so refurbished is out of my price range.

Don’t think I can buy one any cheaper than the $170 range but possible you could find a little newer one for that price... maybe or not.

Before you buy it, don’t forget to make sure the seller signs out of iCloud and resets the iPad to factory settings. I hope your wife likes it!

OP
M

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m sure my wife would like it but still can’t decide if a 3 year old used iPad although supposedly mint is a safe buy. Guess I worry about the battery being about used up?

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mini 4 brand new sells for $399. So if you can get one used or refurbished for less it’s a good deal. I just got the older mini 2 a year ago for 259 new.

Most reactions

Latest posts