What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WhatsApp/WhatsPad Causing Sync Problems

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anyone succeeded in getting WhatsApp/WhatsPad working on an iPad 1?

Each time I try, it works, but alwasy end up having sync problems in iTunes. Once Whatapp is installed, I can no longer sync with Itunes, be it books/apps/music/anything. Once WhatsApp is removed, then sync works again.

Anyone experience something similar and found a fix?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What version of Whatsapp do you have and from which repo did you get it? Have you checked with the developer to see what suggestions, if any, they can offer you?

Marilyn

becakmayat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same probem too. It took me a while to figure out why I can't sync my Ipad. So for now, whenever I need to sync new app to my Ipad 2, I need to unistall and reinstall the Whatsapp.
Any better idea?

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So looks like both the iPad1 and iPad2 are not able to sync after using WhatsApp. Becak: your whatsapp is a app store version or ipa version?

gr8panda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi..i'm new user of iPad...i'm using the new iPad (iPad 3)...does anyone already know how to instal and use Whatsapp on iPad without sync problems?please share....thank you...

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far no one has come up with a solution it seems....

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same problem, I ended up deleting it and using it on iphone

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a solution guys!

Go into iFile /var/mobile/Applications/WhatsApp/WhatsApp.app/ Go down to Info.plist (it's alphabetical)

Choose text view & once it opens click on edit, scroll downfind this (near bottom) :

</array>
<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
<dict>
<key>telephony</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Delete this section:

<key>telephony</key>
<true/>

& click save then done.

Then sync!

gr8panda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yof said:
Here is a solution guys!

Go into iFile /var/mobile/Applications/WhatsApp/WhatsApp.app/ Go down to Info.plist (it's alphabetical)

Choose text view & once it opens click on edit, scroll downfind this (near bottom) :

</array>
<dict>
<key>telephony</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Delete this section:

<key>telephony</key>
<true/>

& click save then done.

Then sync!

No need to JB 1st right?

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried this and it does appear to solve the sync problem. But the "authorise this computer" popup box still seems to keep coming up. Do you have a solution for that?

Here is a solution guys!

</array>
<dict>
<key>telephony</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Delete this section:

<key>telephony</key>
<true/>

& click save then done.

Then sync!

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Authorize this computer from where? the iPhone? or computer? I know that's from the computer on my experience, but can you be more detailed if I'm wrong. But if it is intact the computer go to "store" tab uptop on itunes -> authorize computer. Or if it's the phone, try logging out and logging in of the App Store. Hope that help!

Gdraanen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'd need JB to get WhatsApp on iPad normally.
Sorry to state that -
it does the 'backup' part
it fails in the 'sync' part, complaining about authorisation.
From there it's either removing whatsapp or cancel (stopping the further sync AND removes whatsapp)

So... the fix of removing a <key> in info.plist did not (yet) work on my iPad1 iOS 5.1.1
but I'm sure there -must- be a way to ignore 'whatsapp' (same as cydia apps) during a sync.

Hope that someone finds the 'trick' soon !!

Gdraanen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it !!!
Similar trick, different file
See the webpage on
igeekstore.com/blog/jailbreak/2011/06/18/how-to-get-whatsapp-work-in-ipadipod-touch/
for a -working- solution to the sync / authorization problem with WhatsApp on iPad
Hope it helps others too.

My iPad now has WhatsApp running, and iTunes not complaining about that

Most reactions

Latest posts