What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatsapp for ipad2

loulou2408

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to install whatsapp on iPad 2. I have read all sorts of conflicting stuff and have no idea about jail breaks, all new to me am used to a blackberry. Am out of uk and away from my pc. Any ideas??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

The only way to install Whatsapp onto the iPad2 is to jail break the iPad. Then, you can buy the app from Cydia, the jail breaker's store.

Here's a basic guide on jail breaking and what it is and entails: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=2838

That ought to get you started to see if jail breaking is for you. Although, I must warn you that, unless you are on iOS 4.3.3 or 5.0.1, there is no way, at this time, to jail break the iPad2. It's a waiting game while we wait to see if/when a jail break will be released for the newest iOS.

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts