What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatsapp app for iPad

Royal1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to install what'sapp app for iPad en make it work ?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to install what'sapp app for iPad en make it work ?
Welcome to the forum Royal1

WhatsApp cannot be installed on a stock iPad as it is an iPhone orientated app. However it can be installed on a jail broken iPad. Should you have an interest in that direction, I have taken the liberty of transferring your started thread to the iPad Hacking section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Whatsapp is not available for iPad since it does not support yet but if you have a jailbroken iPad and an internet connection you can make it run on iPad.
This is how to do it.
Step 1: Download and install iFunbox for Mac or Windows (iTunes must be installed for this to work).

Step 2: Now you need to download/buy the latest version of Whatsapp for iPhone from itunes on Mac or Windows.

Step 3: Connect your iPad to the computer

Step 4: Now launch iFunbox and install Whatsapp on you downloaded in Step 2. The IPA can be found under the iTunes Media > Mobile Applications folder.

Step 5: After install, WhatsApp will appear on your iPad’s Springboard.

Step 6: Now open up Cydia in iPad and install WhatsPad tweak from the BigBoss repository.

Once the WhatsPad tweak has been installed, you can launch the WhatsApp app and it will work the way it works on your iPhone. Also when activating WhatsApp you will be asked to enter a 3-digit PIN for activation which you’ll receive in a text message, therefore be sure to activate WhatsApp using your active phone number on which you can receive text messages in order to get the PIN. Make sure your SIM is inserted on a phone and not on the iPad because you cannot recieve SMS on iPad.

After entering the 3-digit PIN on your iPad which you will receive through SMS you are good to go.

Also, since Whatsapp was designed for iPhone you will get a small iPhone screen resolution on you IPad which can be zoomed by tapping '2x'.
Alternatively, you can install Cydia tweaks like FullForce or Retinapad to scale up the resolution. Personally, I would recommend you to install FullForce since it works better for Whatsapp.

***Note: You can also use iPhone Configuration Utility instead of iFunbox.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions