What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WhatsApp 2.6.10 / WhatsPad 0.0.2 Not Working On iPad2

kanawyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please be patient as I give you as much detail as I can.
I have an iPad2 Wifi 3G that has been jailbreaked (OS Ver 5.1.1).
The Cydia software is up and running.
I purchased Whatsapp 2.6.10 from the iTunes Store (WhatsApp 2.6.10.ipa)
I loaded the software iPhone Config Utility on my PC. I dragged the Whatapp into the applications area.
I hooked up my iPad and installed it. I have an icon showing on my iPad springboard as being there.
In iPhone Config Utility it also shows installed.
I installed WhatsPad 0.0.2 using Cydia and it shows as being installed.
I also installed FullForce.
When I tap on the WhatsApp icon on my springboard, the screen "blips" and returns to the springboard.
The registration window does not come up.
When I go into Settings. Under Extensions (FullForce) I have the WhatsApp "On".
I can't get to the next step, registering.
I have reinstalled WhatsApp and WhatsPad a number of times but still nothing.
I have rebooted a number of times, even standing on one leg.

Any ideas.....I've spent hours googling and have searched the forums here.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Last edited:

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's app won't register on ipad and iphone. seperate numbers for entries. it can't send to both devices. try uninsting on iphone if you want the ipad one to work.vice versa

Last edited:
OP
K

kanawyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but, I don't have an iPhone.
The screen "blips" when I tap on the WhatsApp icon.
I can't even get to the registration screen to enter a phone number.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be an incompatibility issue with the recent App Store news, but it could be because transfering that specific app into your App directory could be the real problem. You should install WhatsApp from App Store for your iPad. Search within filter for including iPhone App option. Try that and get back to us. Hope that helps !

obedt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Were you able to solve the issue? I am having the exact same problem but with an OG Ipad

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Were you able to solve the issue? I am having the exact same problem but with an OG Ipad

I don't know the acronym "OG" but if your iPad is not jail broken, you cannot run WhatsApp on it. The developer does not support it on other than the phone.

If your iPad IS jailbroken, could you explain further what your issue is? Then, hopefully, someone will be able to give assistance. Thanks.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know the acronym "OG" but if your iPad is not jail broken, you cannot run WhatsApp on it. The developer does not support it on other than the phone.

If your iPad IS jailbroken, could you explain further what your issue is? Then, hopefully, someone will be able to give assistance. Thanks.

Marilyn

OG = original :)

obedt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1st gen sorry.
much like the OP, I have a jailbroken ipad, installed WhatsPad. I also installed Whatsapp through the iphone configuration utility after downloading it through iTunes.

Unfortunately, the app does not launch. It crashes the same way it would if WhatsPad was not installed.
Thanks !!

Most reactions

Latest posts