What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatsapp 2.5.9 on 5.01 ipad2

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes let me help you with that.

install whatspad from cydia its free and already available on BigBoss repo.

and respring your device and then start whatsapp. IT SHOULD work like a charm!

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but how to get the "whatsapp" app now that its been pull out from app store ?

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
never mind .. forget the question .. not want to violate this forum rule

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
**WhatsApp costs just $0.99/Ă‚ÂŁ0.69, buy it and support the developers that made such a great app**

1. Using iTunes on your Mac, purchase and download WhatsApp Messenger.

2. Download, install and run iPhone Configuration Utility for Mac from
Apple - Support - iPhone - Enterprise

3. Click 'Applications' in the left menu, then click the 'Add' button at the top left of the window. Choose your downloaded WhatsApp file. It is located in the normal iTunes data folder under 'iTunes Media\Mobile Applications'.

4. Click on the name of your device at the bottom of the left menu, then choose 'Applications' from the tabs.

5. Scroll down to WhatsApp and click 'Install'

6. On your iPad, open Cydia and install WhatsPad from the BigBoss repositoryTo activate WhatsApp, enter the telephone number of a sim card which you can use to receive SMS messages (i.e. in an old phone handset). The SMS will contain your activation code.

COURTESY:-LEE, the developer of whatspad!
Follow him on Twitter for news, updates and more tweaks:

..........MODERATED.....NO LINKS TO TWITTER AS PER FORUM RULES......

Last edited by a moderator:

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
done installing and it worked !! . actually i have had whatsapp on my 4s ... but never could figure out how to install it to ipad .. thank you for sharing the iphone configuration utility' info ..

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

i am reading about that stuff for a while now and every info I find about how to get Whatsapp onto the iPad2, is by using this MAC tool to copy it over.
Noone says anything about how to do that with Windows.

Is there no way how to get Whatsapp from iTunes on my Windows 7 PC and install it so that I can use Whatspad ?

iPadFreaksow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I have seen all the YouTube guides but they were not very clear on how to install What'sapp 2.5.9 on a 5.01 ipad2 without a jailbreak.

I have managed to get it to install using ifunbox but when I open the app it's asks me to verify after that it's tells me my device is not supported.

So what's the next hurdle, anyone know ?

If you are using Cydia download whatspad, else just use this tutorial to install WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad.

feefow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I tried this method last night but it seems that i can't open whatsapp on my ipad2 (I click on the icon it momentarily black out and nothing happen). Here is what i did.

1. I jailbreak my Ipad2 firmware 5.0.1 using absinthe (should have been a success since i can now see cydia icon and download apps from there)

2. I bought the latest whatsapp 2.6.9 from itune ($0.99)

3. i have Itunes and Iphone Configuration Utility installed on my computer(Windows Vista)

4. I add in whatsapp to my ipad2 through Iphone Configuration Utility and installed whatsapp (No error message occurs)

5. I download whatspad from Cydia and installed in

6. I reset my springboard and everything looks fine. I do have the whatsapp icon on my ipad2. However when i click on it, it does not prompt me for a phone number or anything.

Tried reversing Step 4 and 5 but the same problem still occur. Anyone facing the same issue or care to enlighten me on what went wrong?

iPadFreaksow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't use the iPhone Configuration Utility if you are jailbreaking just install WhatsPad and install WhatsApp with EDITED BY MODERATED since you already purchased it.

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, I did the same. ;)

But I only used EDITED BY MODERATOR as a means to install Whatsapp on the iPad, not to use it for downloading cracked Apps. I had already purchased Whatsapp before, but could only install it that way because I didn't know another way. I don't have a Mac Computer, i have an PC. So I couldn't use the iPhone Condiguration Tool. I transfered the file from my PC with the iDevice Manager in Windows and didn't know any other way how to actually install it than to use

Most reactions

Latest posts