What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your feeling on the Smart Cover, like it or not???

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the iPad since day one, and now the iPad 2....the smart cover is genius. Completely worth the price!

FrankP99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My poly smart cover will flop open from its own weight when the ipad is held upside down.

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love it! Grey poly Smart Cover here. For my use I have found the PERFECT combo: Smart Cover and a STM "jacket." The iPad with Smart Cover slips easily into the jacket...and the jacket provides lots of protection plus has three external pockets (one zippered). BJ

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love it. Just ordered a joy factory which works with it, so soon I will be set!!!

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love mine, and it works great with the Ghost Armor.

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had Ghost Armor installed on my ipad2 ( front and rear) it's still wrapped in a cloth , they said to wait atleast 6 hours before turning it on. It's still covered and before I left they put the Apple Smart Cover on it and wrapped it in cloth to dry.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like my cream leather so much that i ordered a red leather!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't wait to get mine and try it out . Apple sent me a free navy leather one as an apology for a recent mix-up. We'll see how it works, as I'm also looking into cases that protect the back and provide elevations as well.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wilder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had it and hated it. It's not really any kind of protection. It won't protect the iPad from even a small drop, and it's not even rigid enough to shield the screen from impact. It doesn't protect the back at all.

I am currently using a Targus 360 case, and it's better. Front and back protection, quite thin, and allows me to stand the iPad in landscape or portrait mode.

I sold my Smart Cover, and I do not miss it. I will, however, be modifying my Targus 360 with some magnets to get the sleep/wake function and stronger connection when closing the cover.

And I would never put Ghost Armor or an Invisible Shield on my iPad. The glass is exceptionally durable and scratch-resistant, so there's no point to doing the front. The back NEEDS it if you're using the Smart Cover, but that doubles your expense. You can get a single good case that protects the back and front, or you can cover your iPad with plastic and then put a Smart Cover over that, for twice the price of a single cover.

I just don't think it's a very elegant or useful accessory. Your mileage may vary.

I just know I wouldn't want to drop my iPad with only a Smart Cover protecting it.

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like my Smart Cover, don't love it. Waiting for a Marware shell that is supposed to work with the Apple cover (wish the thing would ship already). Also waiting for a moleskin style cover that I think I will like a lot better, but want to give both configurations a shot.

Most reactions