What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite song?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been listening to Nora Jones; rapidly becoming a favorite of mine. Give a listen to 'Don't Know Why.' Nora is the daughter of a man I hold in high regard, Ravi Shankar. Amazing talents, both.

I love October Project (listen to 'Arial') and no matter how great you think a particular guitar player is, I ask you to consider a man named Danny Gatton. Or perhaps another monster player, Mr. Dick Dale. He plays left handed, upside down. For the longest time, he was my favorite. Then I learned how to play the B-flat Coronet and J.B. Arban became my guiding light.

We have favorites but they are often replaced by new favorites.

I hate these questions. How can you have a favorite? Dam Internet brings us people that are amazing and will never be heard from again or outside of the net. We discover or rediscover golden oldies we have long forgotten and once loved, and we find songs that changed our lives. Our iPods become filled with songs that could all be called favorites.

I have never really appreciated Ricky Lee Jones, but I've got to say, "On Saturday Afternoons In 1963" is a great song.

Here is a song that might leave some of you feeling a bit on edge. It is by Johnny Cash and I found myself shivering a bit. Johnny has a way of convincing you that some of us are screwed and some of us are saved. Listen to it last thing at night with the lights down low. It is rapidly becoming a favorite Cash song, but I do not know why.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhSpaAComXo]YouTube - Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around[/ame]

There are two songs that are directly responsible for me becoming what I have become. Both songs are woven into my fabric and many of the reasons I love these two songs has nothing to do with how great they are, it is something much different. They would sit side by side at the top of any favorites list I create, i should say.

1- Is That All There Is, by Peggy Lee
2- What's New Pussycat, by Tom Jones

Definitely not this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII]YouTube - Men Without Hats - Safety Dance [Official Video][/ame]

Bob

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would simply perish without music.:)

If you are interested, I know where you can purchase a collection of albums numbering over one million disks as well as more than 1.5 million or so 45 RPMs. Let me know and I'll hook you up. Valued at 50 million dollars, but apparently, he will take three million.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep! Favour for today is Somewhere by Kenny Chesney

Sent from my VZW Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im a bit old fashion but two of my favorites are "I Did It My Way" by Frank Sinatra,"The Power Of Love" by Micheal Crrawford,also very fond of "Both Sides Now" by Robert Goulet,and "Send In The Clown" by Judy Collins. I told you I was old fashion.

Al

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bring in the clowns was by Judy Collins but I thought it was Send in the clowns, I could be wrong though

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We crossed posts when I was correctiing my post, you are correct it was Send In The clowns by Judy Collins.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why stop at favorite songs,
Here is my ...
Favorite comedians..Johnathan Winters, Tim Conway, Robin Williams.

Favorite Band..Moody Blues.

Favorite singing group..ABBA.

Favorite Broadway Show..Phantom Of the Opera.

Thats all for now as I have over taxed my memory.

Al

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Al Rogers said:
Here is my ...

Al

Remember I am younger than you!

Favourite comedians UK... Dara O Briain, Michael Macintyre, Frankie Boyle, there are loads but I can't think of any

Favourite Comedians USA...Ryan Stiles, Whoopi Goldberg, Greg Proops, Colin Mochrie (Whose Line Is It Anyway)Robin Williams

Favourite Bands...Muse, Queen and hubby says Moody Blues, Fleetwood Mac

Favourite singing group... Take That but I am an ABBA fan

Favourite Singers... Michael Buble, Robbie Williams, Terence Trent D'Arby, Cee Lo Green, Eminem, Beyonce, Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, Jose Carreras,

Favourite West End Show...Phantom of the Opera, My Fair Lady and I love Shakespeare plays

Favourite Actress...Audrey Hepburn, Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz

Favourite Actor...Fred Astaire, Harrison Ford, Patrick Swayze

Favourite Film...Dirty Dancing and Pride and Prejudice (all)

Favourite Book...Pride and Prejudice (read it at age 11 - (my granny gave all the classics)

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al Rogers said:
Here is my ...

Al

Remember I am younger than you!

Favourite comedians UK... Dara O Briain, Michael Macintyre, Frankie Boyle, there are loads but I can't think of any

Favourite Comedians USA...Ryan Stiles, Whoopi Goldberg, Greg Proops, Colin Mochrie (Whose Line Is It Anyway)Robin Williams

Favourite Bands...Muse, Queen and hubby says Moody Blues, Fleetwood Mac

Favourite singing group... Take That but I am an ABBA fan

Favourite Singers... Michael Buble, Robbie Williams, Terence Trent D'Arby, Cee Lo Green, Eminem, Beyonce, Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, Jose Carreras,

Favourite West End Show...Phantom of the Opera, My Fair Lady and I love Shakespeare plays

Favourite Actress...Audrey Hepburn, Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz

Favourite Actor...Fred Astaire, Harrison Ford, Patrick Swayze

Favourite Film...Dirty Dancing and Pride and Prejudice (all)

Favourite Book...Pride and Prejudice (read it at age 11 - (my granny gave all the classics)

Yes you are younger than me, but I still have taste and a good ear for music.

I also have the albums of Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, and Jose,younger than me indeed go ahead rub it in.

I hope your Shandy gets spiked.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ha ha. But did you notice we have similar taste though. I was brought up with all this and you can't forget the good stuff. I forgot Tom Jones - green grass of home and O Fortuna. Did you know any of the comedians though.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha ha. But did you notice we have similar taste though. I was brought up with all this and you can't forget the good stuff. I forgot Tom Jones - green grass of home and O Fortuna. Did you know any of the comedians though.

I like some of Tom Jones stuff and Hubbernicks,as to knowing the comedians, no I never got up close,shook Bob Hopes and Ann Margarets hand,plus I had a couple of beers with Robert Mitchum,and for the record I bought them as he didnt have the right money on him at the time.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts