What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite new iOS 5 feature?

What's your favourite new iOS 5 feature

• Camera improvements

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Newstand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IMessaging

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Notifications

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Itunes wifi syncing

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chantili said:
I love lots of things, but one thing that I don't like is that gestures isn't available for the iPad1. But I am so happy with most everything else that I can't really complain too much. Notifications and iCloud are awesome! I really like those. But there was so much, I still don't know everything that changed! lol. Oh and the new Safari! Nice!

If you do a search on these forums you will find that there is indeed a way of adding gestures to an iPad 1 and no need to jailbreak either.......so now you can like everything about iOS 5!

The Archangel

Vernon98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Gabriel. It errored out when I tried to save the poll, but I didn't find a way to go back and fix.

Chantili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
If you do a search on these forums you will find that there is indeed a way of adding gestures to an iPad 1 and no need to jailbreak either.......so now you can like everything about iOS 5!

The Archangel

I will have to look into that! Thanks!

bandit412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I voted for notifications. Ever so much better to get that little banner at the top versus a pop-up that you MUST press to remove (and then, for me, promptly forget about!).

Marilyn

I agree. I especially like a listing of all notifications when I turn it on or wake it up.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

bandit412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blucente said:
Wireless sync and the new safari.

The sync is cool. I am ambivalent about the new Safari although the tabs are okay.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

uimalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud, and some other new feautures i really like are the split keyboard, gestures and the new safari.

grimbarian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first thing I instantly liked was being able to continue using it whilst syncing (USB) instead of staring at a screen saying 'syncing, slide to cancel'.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iMessage. iCloud synch between devices. Someone was at my at my apt using wifi and my iTunes library came up on her laptop while I was on the desktop. Too funny.

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
iMessage. iCloud synch between devices. Someone was at my at my apt using wifi and my iTunes library came up on her laptop while I was on the desktop. Too funny.

Oh yes, being able to tweet web pages via my browsers instead of having to download via my flex search. However, they need to have the title of the page show up as well instead of me having to type or copy it from the page.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really impressed with Photo Stream. I took a picture on my iPhone and within 10 seconds it appeared on both my iMac and my iPad. No more transfers! Sweet.

Most reactions

Latest posts