What's your favorite carry bag for the iPad and stuff?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by mastery, Oct 23, 2011.

1. mastery

mastery iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm using my iPad 2 a lot at work, and putting it, the power cable, some files and such into a big backpack isn't working for me. What's everybody using that will carry the iPad, power cable, a stylus or two, and some papers that isn't bulky, doesn't look like a purse (nothing against purses, but as a male, I prefer to prevent ribbing from co-workers), and is functional?

I've been looking at different items for the past couple of hours, but nothing pops out at me yet. Prefer to keep cost under $40 if possible. Thoughts, recommendations? Thanks!
  2. ingheanrae

ingheanrae iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Although not a male, I would recommend the Tucano Work Out bag. Mine's a fetching shade of purple just like the iPF colour scheme but they also do more manly colours like...er.....black. It's nicely padded and has a full length storage pocket that will take a bluetooth keyboard as well as plenty of room for charger and you could squeeze a small document in there if needed.

I also quite liked the vertical version and that might be more masculine (although they do the bag in a nice fuscia).

http://bit.ly/ssFDs9

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
  4. apple2011

apple2011 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    look at the following bag,it is mine.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  5. apple2011

apple2011 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    like this one,my favorite.
    my  bag.jpg
  6. henry2

henry2 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I went back to a Swiss Gear Netbook bag to carry the ipad2 and it accessories around in a daypack .Since i'm traveling for work i just drop into the backpack i use for carrying my cloth's and other items back and forth to work in the remote area's and it work like a champ for it basic use of carrying the ipad2 around
  7. joescoop

joescoop iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, one of my favorite bag is Briggs & Riley Verb Computer Back Pack which I use for my i-pad and macbook. This bag is light-weight, water repellant and also has tech sections with two elastic pockets for cables/cords, slip pocket and two flap pockets which is padded comes with ergonomically contoured backpack straps with thumb rest loops. It helps me to keep all my extra accessories along with my gadgets which makes my traveling easy and would recommend the same.
  8. sir_ben

sir_ben iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I use a Lacoste Camera Bag, it holds my iPad 2 quite nicely even if I have my dslr and a few othe accessories with me. Most of the time though its the iPad 2 and my MacBook Air along with some paperwork that's inside.

lacoste_camera_bag.jpg
  9. Heaviside

Heaviside iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Don't want to bring down the tone of this thread, but I use what I call my "flush bag." It is one I resurrected from somewhere in the house where it had been tossed. It advertizes low flush toilets, recycling, and other eco-concious things. Wrinkled and a little soiled.

My reason? When I leave my iPad, my nook reader, styli, etc in the car they are in my flush bag. I doubt if any theif would be tempted!

On the other hand, one might break into your car only to rip off some of the gorgeous totes I've seen here!
  10. mastery

mastery iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the input and ideas. Ended up going with el cheapo Case Logic bag for $19 off Amazon that has hundreds of great reviews. Works fine, gray and black in color, fits everything I need in there, and has protecion. I won't make heads turn carrying it around (in envy or disgust), and it's cheap enough to work for me until I find something more permanent.
  11. ziffos

ziffos iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I like the PORT Indiana tote bag for my ipad2.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  12. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I use a customized Timbuk2 messenger, and they offer bags in a number of designs and sizes to fit individual needs. They're not cheap, but they are great products to own and use (and deceptively hold a lot more than you think.)

cf. Timbuk2 Messenger Bag
  13. helix2000

helix2000 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    WOW. I feel bad as just using an orange backpack to carry my Ipad2 to/from work.
  14. Raelthorne

Raelthorne iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol :)
  15. SUM42

SUM42 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cool! i also wane one that can cover all the ipod iphone and ipad...
  16. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I have a bunch of bags, including a small Case Logic that's sleek and fits either my iPad or netbook, or both.

My go-to bags are my Timbuk2s, though, because they hold so much, look good and wear well. I also really like their easily adjustable strap feature.
  17. Asharp

Asharp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    My iPad Traveler Bag from the Copper River Bag Company on Etsy.com arrived a couple of weeks ago and I just love it!

It's $86.95 without the shipping fee. The shipping time is as advertised and it comes with a variety of cards tucked away in the four pockets including a lifetime guarantee card, a bookmark and an inspiring Bible quote that I can identify with as a Buddhist.

It's simple in design with a large buckle on the front and and is handmade from brown leather and is beautifully crafted. It's designed with three large steel looking rings that make it possible to be worn either as a shoulder bag or a backpack and it is designed specifically for the iPad and iPad 2.

The ring at the bottom of the bag is strategically placed so that it cannot be seen from the front when worn as a shoulder bag. The grips for attaching the strap to the top two rings swivel in 360 degrees, and the strap is thick enough to be comfortable when I'm wearing my down jacket. The big buckle at the front closes with a distinct and audible snap and the outer pocket in the back also has a snap button to keep items in place.

The smell of the leather is just wonderful. It is deliberately distressed, a feature I find aesthetically pleasing. The extent of the distressing is not completely obvious if you don't carefully examine the online photo. Because of the oils used to condition the bag, I've been able to use my thumb to carefully rub away the couple of scratches I found distracting.

One of the four pockets is a hidden compartment located in the back designed for holding sensitive documents like passports and other travel documents. The pocket for the iPad is also an inner pocket but located in the front and is lined with felt that has a nice semi-smooth feel to it. This pocket is the only one large enough to hold 8 x 11 sized documents. I've tried it with a 21 page document along with my iPad 2 in its Grove case and it's a comfortable fit. The other pockets are too shallow for documents of that size.

It can be comfortably worn as a shoulder bag for even someone as short as me at barely over 5 feet. When I'm standing, it reaches to a little above my knees and when I'm sitting, it reaches to my knees. It's most comfortable when worn so that the bag is off to the side and a little behind me. Considering how short I am, I'm surprised at how comfortable it is to wear the Traveler Bag as a shoulder bag. In spite of its length, it doesn't flap annoyingly against my body while I'm walking. However, I plan to wear it mostly as a backpack for long distances.

I can conveniently rest my iPad on it and I appreciate the greater surface area and the fact that the leather grips my jeans when I'm typing while sitting on a park bench.

I've only used it in the shoulder bag mode when listening to music on the iPad and it's quite comfortable with the standard issue Apple ear buds.

I'm sure I'll eventually use the other pockets but for now I just plan to use it for my iPad and a few miscellaneous items.

Please forgive the quality of these photographs (taken with my iPad 2). There are others at the company website.

image-1765031979.png

image-2172755092.png

image-2547758034.png
  18. BitsFactory

BitsFactory iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My favorite is the INCASE messenger bag.
  19. CanopicJar

CanopicJar iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  20. drb_52

drb_52 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I have this caselogic bag. It's actually designed for a 14" laptop. I can fit my iPad, keyboard, charger, portable harddrive, portable router, cf card reader, powered hub, two styli,usb drive, power supplies for the hard drive, router and hub with room to spare. I don't carry this stuff around every day. I use this bag for travel and to keep everything in one place.

http://www.caselogic.com/case_logic...tail/index.cfm?modelid=147737&lastterm=Vna214
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011