What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your charging routine?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How often do you charge your iPad, and what percentage is it usually at when you charge? I do it every night since I run it down to about ~25%.
Feel free to add in anything else about charging you want.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plug this puppy in every night for full charge out in the field the next day. I forgot last night ~ now I am at 43%.:(

Is there a car charger for the iPad?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually let mine get down to about 20% before I put it on the charger, which is typically every 3-4 days.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I plug this puppy in every night for full charge out in the field the next day. I forgot last night ~ now I am at 43%.:(

Is there a car charger for the iPad?

Awwwww! A puppy!

Jk,
Yes. Google is your friend!:)

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I use mine until I have to charge. Generally, I am going to be near a charger long enough for a full charge. I have one at work, 2 at home not including the sync cable (my MacBookPro will charge the iPad even with the screen on, unlike my old HP and other Window machines). I get 2 to 3 hours solid use a day, so I end up charging about every 4-5 days. With an hour commute each way on a bus everyday, There is 2 hours right there.

The only time I charge it when it is above 5% is when I know I will be out for an extended period of time or know I will be using the screen at full brightness for a decent period of time.

Right now, I am at 35% and dont plan on charging unless I really use it a lot tonight.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
I use mine until I have to charge. Generally, I am going to be near a charger long enough for a full charge. I have one at work, 2 at home not including the sync cable (my MacBookPro will charge the iPad even with the screen on, unlike my old HP and other Window machines). I get 2 to 3 hours solid use a day, so I end up charging about every 4-5 days. With an hour commute each way on a bus everyday, There is 2 hours right there.

The only time I charge it when it is above 5% is when I know I will be out for an extended period of time or know I will be using the screen at full brightness for a decent period of time.

Right now, I am at 35% and dont plan on charging unless I really use it a lot tonight.

Wow! Mine just drains so fast. :(

hfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Wow! Mine just drains so fast. :(

Hmm. I wonder whether you have a defective battery. Techs at the Apple store were able to check and swap out my MacBookPro battery in just a few minutes when it wouldn't hold a reasonable charge.

In answer to your question, though, my battery usually lasts for about 10-12 hours, though videos and games are rare, so I tend to charge it every night whether it needs it or not.

--hfw

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hfw said:
Hmm. I wonder whether you have a defective battery. Techs at the Apple store were able to check and swap out my MacBookPro battery in just a few minutes when it wouldn't hold a reasonable charge.

In answer to your question, though, my battery usually lasts for about 10-12 hours, though videos and games are rare, so I tend to charge it every night whether it needs it or not.

--hfw

I will get a good 8 hours though. I use iPad all day. :)

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Also take a look at just how you are using the iPad. Is the screen brightness way up? Do you have the radios (Wifi, 3G, BT, GPS) on and running when you don't need them? When listening to music, are you using the Equalizer functions? What about Location Services? If you don't need them, turn them off.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
Also take a look at just how you are using the iPad. Is the screen brightness way up? Do you have the radios (Wifi, 3G, BT, GPS) on and running when you don't need them? When listening to music, are you using the Equalizer functions? What about Location Services? If you don't need them, turn them off.

Brightness mostly up (see picture), Wi-Fi off most of the time because I am at school, and 3G-less iPad. And do equalizers really matter?

I am not worried about it though. 8 hours is amazing.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the picture.

Attachments

• image-3940216096.png
    image-3940216096.png
    788.9 KB · Views: 277

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
The EQ's will matter, yes. Significantly? I don't know that. I have never seen hard numbers. Will not using the EQ give you an extra hour, who knows?

I leave the brightness only about 10-15% up. Rarely do I need to go over that. In fact, only when outside do I need to go above that. However, I do run 100% when playing the Hidden Object games. I have a feeling the brightness is what is keeping you from hitting the 10 hour mark. 8 hours is still very good especially with the brightness up.

Most reactions

Latest posts