What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with my iPad?

laura331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so, I was just sitting there playing a game on my Ipad (the older one, if that makes a difference) and then all of a sudden it starts fuzzing and its like a greenish color. Its really staticy, its like one of those old tv's that have fuzzy, staticy, jagged things. I'm really scared. I cant do anything, not turn it off or anything. none of the buttons work. I tried plugging it in to the charger just to see if it would do anything. nothing. what do I do? is there a way to fix it?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your description of it turning fuzzy / staticy then green is accurate then it sounds like you could have experienced a hardware failure, either the screen or chipset. I haven't ever witnessed anything like that because of software on the iPad(playing an old game is just coincidental).

If the iPad will not reboot by pressing the two buttons together for 10 seconds as Marie suggested, then I'm afraid you need to take / send it back to Apple for repair. It it is hardware then you will need to have the unit replaced.

Last edited:
OP
L

laura331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try holding the power button and the home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo.

Let it reboot.

Using the method you suggested, but the problem still exists. :confused:
Thank you all the same.:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try holding the power button and the home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo.

Let it reboot.

If the problem still exists after you've rebooted and the iPad is locked up and cannot be used with any app then, as Leigh suggested, it's time to visit the Apple Store because it appears as though your iPad has a hardware fault.

Tim

OP
L

laura331

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Let it reboot.

If the problem still exists after you've rebooted and the iPad is locked up and cannot be used with any app then, as Leigh suggested, it's time to visit the Apple Store because it appears as though your iPad has a hardware fault.

Tim

Em, Thank you very much. I took it to the Apple Store and solved the problem.:D

Most reactions