What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's with OS 4.3.5

Nav_stranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With 4.3.5 u can save images....just tab any image for a sec then u can see save image option

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org

edtjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3.5 is bad

As a new Ipad 2 user I upgraded from the in stalled 4.3.3 OS when Itunes offered. Everything was fine with 4.3.3. After loading 4.3.5 I cannot load Apps from the Appstore or load App updates. This is not good. I would not recommend the upgrade. Apple needs to fix this ASAP or I suspect there will be a huge decline in the purchase of APPS, not to mention the inconvenience to the IPAD owner with apps such as foreflight that need regular updates. :mad:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Had This Problem After I upgraded to 4.3.5...

apps would not update, neither could I buy new apps or books or music from iTunes. Here was my problem: Everytime I tried to update an app, or buy a book in iBooks, or a song, I would get the Terms and Conditions Page where I would have to agree to the terms and conditions, then it would take me to a note that says I must have Accept Cookies enabled in Safari with Visited Sites chosen.

Even if this was the way it was in Safari and after I powered down the iPad, and after reading endless notes at the Apple support website, after you have powered down the iPad, and the problem persists, the ultimate recommendation was to do a Restore.

It took an HOUR to restore my iPad. But it was worth it. My iPad updates apps again, I can buy books, tunes, and videos from Apple. Side note: this was not a problem with Amazon Kindle or Nook--just Apple and iTunes.

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
These are all good inputs, but for what it's worth, I did the upgrade and have had no problems since doing so (I can't get Nook books as easily as I could before, but I understand that there was a falling out between iTunes and Barnes & Noble).

Matt, it sounds to me like you got a bad download. It sounds like you got it fixed.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I put this on the iPhone board a couple of days ago after updating my 3GS, but have received no response. I'm not going to update my iPad until I'm satisfied that it's resolved:

After I first updated iTunes to 10.4 and my 3GS to 4.3.5, iTunes would freeze while attempting the backup part of the sync. I deleted all of the iPhone backup files from iTunes; now it sync's, but I get an error message at the end to the effect that the backup failed and I need to delete the current backup file. (my iPad 2, v4.3.3, backs up and sync's normally.

Any ideas? Does anyone know where iTunes stores the backup files on the hard drive?

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having difficulties updating to the latest OS. I've tried it twice. First time I got a timed out error. Second time I remembered to turn off the firewall and virus protection, got the same error. I have never tried just downloading it and then installing. Would that make a difference?

Came010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought - I had trouble syncing in the beginning because of the USB port I was plugged into. It seems all USB ports are not created equal and the ones on the front of my PC were not wired to the specs needed for the iPad. The ones with the printer were wired with more "juice". Don't know proper language here :)

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Came010 said:
Just a thought - I had trouble syncing in the beginning because of the USB port I was plugged into. It seems all USB ports are not created equal and the ones on the front of my PC were not wired to the specs needed for the iPad. The ones with the printer were wired with more "juice". Don't know proper language here :)

I am using the same USB port that I have used all along. The first update I did after getting my IPad I had the same problem. I finally got it done. I don't remember whether I downloaded it and then installed or not The second one went just perfectly.

Most reactions

Latest posts