What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's up guys!

ecsx00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I'm here to say hi.
I'm really interested in iPad theme customization for springboard. Could someone point to the right direction to a detailed tutorial on wallpaper size and etc...? Are there other apps or ways to make or customize the iPad themes?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, back. Welcome to the forum and it's good to "see" you.

Unfortunately, I've not really seen any tutorials on customizing the springboard. I think most people just "wing it" and learn as they go. What I can suggest is that you have a browse over in the Themes section of the Hacking sub-forum. There are some pretty nice themes overviewed there...

Speaking of the Hacking section, since you're talking about theming, I've taken the liberties of moving your post over to our jail breaking/hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

OP
E

ecsx00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! I don't know if this helps but on the ipod touch you could play around with the springboard or something similar to use custom themes. I tried to find the tutorial but I guess its lost somewhere. Bascially you make the wallpaper and etc from photoshop or some photo editor. Make sure the dimensions are right and then package them in a .theme folder. You just need to use a FTP like cyberduck to transfer the folder into the ipod touch. I was trying to aim for something like that on the iPad.

Most reactions