What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's This Game Called Please?

chrispy58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
On a recent stay in a hotel in spain, they had a place you could rent an ipad from for your stay. I didnt own an ipad then, and I found myself playing on this game on one of their "demo" ipads. I thought it was a great game but unfortunately didn't get the name of it. Now I have an ipad, I NEED a copy!!! PLEASE HELP!!
You start off as this Lara Croft type on a sort of assault course climbng rope netting, rams and ladders whilst leaping up in the air to pop big bubbles....
Its a 3d sort of adventure/platform game the graphics are very realistic... any ideas??
TIA
Chris.0

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
On a recent stay in a hotel in spain, they had a place you could rent an ipad from for your stay. I didnt own an ipad then, and I found myself playing on this game on one of their "demo" ipads. I thought it was a great game but unfortunately didn't get the name of it. Now I have an ipad, I NEED a copy!!! PLEASE HELP!!
You start off as this Lara Croft type on a sort of assault course climbng rope netting, rams and ladders whilst leaping up in the air to pop big bubbles....
Its a 3d sort of adventure/platform game the graphics are very realistic... any ideas??
TIA
Chris.0

I think it's called 'Assault Course' - check it out in the App Store

Hope this helps

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

chrispy58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks For the quick response Tim, but there is no "assault course" game in the app store. I think I should clarify- it wasn't an army assault course type of game, more fantasy world where popping or collecting these big transparent spheres or bubbles (like you would collect coins in a super mario type of game)
I spent hours looking through best ipad game videos on you tube, I was sure it would be there, but no such luck. I was begining to think I'd imagined it, but my wife saw it too and commented on how stunning the graphics were... The search continues...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A quick google for "*bubble* + "ipad game" gives 138,000,000 results.........

<hasty is demoted to second sod turners assistant>

OP
C

chrispy58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alternative - I hope you're fond of dogs and walking!

Mirrors Edge-
It was a futuristic scene - definitely not rooftops.

Toyshop and Pixiline are way too cartoonish, this game scored very- highly on realism and smooth movement.

I like the look of Assassin's Creed Altaïr's Chronicles - reminds me of Prince of Persia on my ol' PS2! but alas no, not that either.

I should add here, that I only played on this game for ten mins and didn't even complete level 1 so as you know - thing can change completely after level 1!

Reaction score
Have you taken a look at Assassin's Creed video? The images in the AppStore leave out the bubble collecting part.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=T2Pndn3GBKY

The beginning of this game is simply running around, climbing and collecting bubbles. But of course I may be wrong.

Do you remember, whether you control a single character and if so, how it was dressed? That would be really helpful in finding out what game you are looking for.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
chrispy58 said:
The Alternative - I hope you're fond of dogs and walking!

Mirrors Edge-
It was a futuristic scene - definitely not rooftops.

Toyshop and Pixiline are way too cartoonish, this game scored very- highly on realism and smooth movement.

I like the look of Assassin's Creed Altaïr's Chronicles - reminds me of Prince of Persia on my ol' PS2! but alas no, not that either.

I should add here, that I only played on this game for ten mins and didn't even complete level 1 so as you know - thing can change completely after level 1!

So, dog walking it is... --> The Alternative grabs the pooper scooper and heads out to the yard.

OP
C

chrispy58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dontunderstandmyipad-
Firstly, your link above didnt work for me, so I downloaded the free version of assasins creed and although the game genre is similar, the realism isnt a patch on the game I'm after. Could it be HD?

I remember controling a single character and I THINK it was dressed in an all-in-one jump suit type of thing, maybe goldish in colour??
I DEFINITELY rember leaping horizontally from one ladder to another in order to reach a bubble

OP
C

chrispy58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also remember running along a platform and dodging things coming in from the sides

Most reactions

Latest posts