What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's this about a library.

davvers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I are silver surfers. I've had a PC for years and she got an Ipad2 a few months ago. Thought I'd upgrade the ipad to IOS5. Did not work and it stated something about recent downloaded apps (games for the grandchildren to play) had not been transferred to the library. How do you do that ? I asked it to sync when asked during the upgrade procedure. I have read the "closed thread" on this site re upgrading problems but no mention of our difficulty. We have no other Apple products. Any advice would be gratefully received particularly if it doesn't contain too much jargon although I can always use google if necessary as an interpreter. Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say "it did not work", did it actually upgrade to iOS 5?

There is no need to worry about your apps, open the iTunes App on your iPad then touch the purchased tab (bottom right of screen). All the apps that you have ever purchased are there. Any that are not currently on your iPad will have a cloud symbol instead of installed, touch the cloud symbol and they will download on to your iPad, you will not be charged again.

The Archangel

OP
D

davvers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say "it did not work", did it actually upgrade to iOS 5?

There is no need to worry about your apps, open the iTunes App on your iPad then touch the purchased tab (bottom right of screen). All the apps that you have ever purchased are there. Any that are not currently on your iPad will have a cloud symbol instead of installed, touch the cloud symbol and they will download on to your iPad, you will not be charged again.

The Archangel

Sorry but I have opened the Itunes app and there is no purchased tab at the bottom right of the screen . My wife tells me that she has in fact only purchased one ( Dora & Diago or something like that) and the others were all free. The IOS5 upgrade did not work.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even free apps that you download end up in the purchased section. So what version of iOS are you using?

Can you confirm that your iTunes doesn't look like the one in the attachment?

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-2233230277.png
    image-2233230277.png
    454.3 KB · Views: 266
OP
D

davvers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using version 4.3.2. My itunes has all the icons along the bottom except "purchased". Weird or what !!!!

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only thing that is jumping out at me:

1) is the version of iTunes you are using the latest?
2) is the iPad registered to the same iTunes account as that on the computer?

Most reactions

Latest posts