1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

What's the verdict on I'm+?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Bodean, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Bodean

Bodean iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use gtalk, yahoo, and aim mainly. Looks like this is the only app to do all of these. It's pricey at $10 so I would like some feedback please
  2. CheekyO

CheekyO iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You could try the IM+ Lite version which I find quite good, although only use it on the rare occasion I am out and about but have had very little problems with it
  3. Bodean

Bodean iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't find the differences btw lite and paid....
  4. Jake18oly

Jake18oly iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    IM Plus Lite is a good application. It does everything the same except for a few things.

1. No Skype
    2. Your push session will last for 2 hours after you open IM+. You can restart your push session by simply opening the app again. It even gives you a warning when your push session is about to expire.
    3. Ads

I have used it and am quite satisfied. Not really sure that I want to drop 10 bucks for the full version just yet.
  5. Bodean

Bodean iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Explain push session
  6. Prasius

Prasius iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The push session means that when someones messages you, or replies to one of your messages, you get a pop up box (a push message from a remote server), alerting you to the message. This means once you've logged in via IM+ you can close the app, and you will be alerted if anyone wants to talk to you.

I actually like IM+ more than I like eBuddy, which I was using on my iPhone. Currently I'm also using the "Lite" version, but am considering paying for the full version just to encourage the developers.
  7. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    im satisfied with the app, just download the free one. if you dont like it you can always delete it.