What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the story with photos on ipad 1 ios 5.0.1

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you delete photos, albums or for that matter manage my photos on my iPad? Something so simple but yet confusing.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe you can only do it through your computer. Otherwise you can only delete the photos that you saved on the iPad using the iPad. If that makes sense. iOS 5 may allow us to not sync with the computer but we still need the computer to deal with photos.

OP
blucente

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for the input, I figured this out the hard way. Really don't understand it but it is what it is, still tied to iTunes. I wish I could delete any or all photos from my iPad.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
blucente said:
How do you delete photos, albums or for that matter manage my photos on my iPad? Something so simple but yet confusing.

Photos taken on the iPad or imported from your camera can be deleted from the iPad. Streamed photos cannot be deleted. Go to your photos and press the tab that is a box with an arrow emerging on the top right of your ipad, this will bring up a delete tab on the left, select which photos to delete and hit delete, you will get a confirmation box to press also.
Albums are also possible, press albums then edit and New Album will appear on the left, select this and then name your album and then select your photos for the album. You can also delete albums through this method.
Please be aware that photos will still stay in your camera roll, your albums are just creating a shortcut or duplicate to your original photo. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
blucente

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
Photos taken on the iPad or imported from your camera can be deleted from the iPad. Streamed photos cannot be deleted. Go to your photos and press the tab that is a box with an arrow emerging on the top right of your ipad, this will bring up a delete tab on the left, select which photos to delete and hit delete, you will get a confirmation box to press also.
Albums are also possible, press albums then edit and New Album will appear on the left, select this and then name your album and then select your photos for the album. You can also delete albums through this method.
Please be aware that photos will still stay in your camera roll, your albums are just creating a shortcut or duplicate to your original photo. Good luck!

I get the piece with photos imported or taken with the iPad, I understand what your saying about photo stream. So, it's my understanding that il still need iTunes to rid my iPad of these "photo stream" photos?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
blucente said:
I get the piece with photos imported or taken with the iPad, I understand what your saying about photo stream. So, it's my understanding that il still need iTunes to rid my iPad of these "photo stream" photos?

You will have to go to iCloud on your computer. You should see your app icons Mail, Contacts etc, click on your name on the top right and you'll get an Account window, click Advanced then click Reset Photo Stream.
This will clear the entire photo stream.

OP
blucente

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
You will have to go to iCloud on your computer. You should see your app icons Mail, Contacts etc, click on your name on the top right and you'll get an Account window, click Advanced then click Reset Photo Stream.
This will clear the entire photo stream.

Alright I think I get it now!, thank you for your help.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So can you advise how to transfer my photos saved on the iPad from emails,web etc back to my computer
.very confused!

Most reactions