What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The-Machine-Movie.jpg

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Went to the theater to see this movie , now I havnt been to a theatre in
15 years ..... The name of the movie was Selma.
About Marten Luther King jr . And his struggle with the voter right act
For the black American.. I'm from Alabama and have been to Selma
Many many times , and the movie didn't change any of the settings much , a real original on the scene filming . The movie was good but there are scenes throughout the movie with Lyndon B. Johnson and his political aspects was a little much . All and all I would rate on a scale
1(low) to 10(high) a (7) seven .

I lived in Prattville and Montgomery from 1972 up till a couple of years ago when I moved to Oklahoma. Been to Selma many times when I worked for Lowe's in Montgomery. I'd like to see this movie myself...

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The one you saw is a remake of the one I watched, which was based on the Broadway musical of the same name.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last film I saw was Frozen Sing-along, with my 4 year old g/daughter who thinks she is Elsa. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

It's been at least ten years since I last watched this movie. I still find myself humming and singing the songs at odd moments. I haven't seen either of the remakes yet. There was an earlier Disney remake in 1999.

I'm pretty sure I remember watching an even earlier version, before the 1982 one. It was black and white. But I can't find any mention of it on the IMDB site. There was a 1977 made for TV movie, but it told a story from later in the comic strip, that was the inspiration for all these movies. I haven't seen it either.

Last edited:

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I lived in Prattville and Montgomery from 1972 up till a couple of years ago when I moved to Oklahoma. Been to Selma many times when I worked for Lowe's in Montgomery. I'd like to see this movie myself...

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Yes sir "rasmith 1959" , its a good movie in that the movie doesn't go Hollywood with fabricated or exaggerated truths . It is not documentary,
Nor is it PBS educational, yet it does put an indelible point to the truth,
and I think that it's one of that so many are blind to , meaning a lot know
of these events in Selma but sorta cast an eye downwards and the film
Is more accurate to the times , and struggles than these many want to forget . You being from around the core of the settings , I think you will like it. Even the old Pettis bridge is dipicted in that time . I'm sure it probably hasn't changed that much as you know Alabama has the best bridges in the country.......huhuhaha , . But the movie is like that throughout. Keeping it original . Perhaps if or when you go to see it,
Let me know what you think about its holding to the scenery,...
And the characters ........ Later on

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This really doesn't pertain to the last movie I saw , yet it has had such an impact to me and so many others. it is the best movie I've ever seen
and felt and is by far my favorite of all multitudes of movies . It caused hundreds of businesses to close or bankrupt and beaches full with people , but not in the water ,..... Great whites were hunted and not caught line and hook , when previously they weren't even thought about.
Every shark bite ,( not only attacked but few in # 's) was the doings of whitey's .Many things were so affected by this movie and it impressed
me so much that it is still my favorite movie . Not even Star Wars at that
time as good as it was ,,is but a mere glimmer in the JAWS .OF JAWS
image.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts