What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Season of the Witch. Did we need more evidence that Nicholas Cage will never turn down a script?

Still better than Apollo 18, though... :)

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"American Hustle," which had entertaining moments and some good writing. A couple of the main characters strained credibility at points, though. I'm not an Amy Adams fan, but she did a nice job. Jennifer Lawrence was fantastic. I first saw her in "Winter's Bone," and thought she was amazing. It's nice to see her rise since.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
"American Hustle," which had entertaining moments and some good writing. A couple of the main characters strained credibility at points, though. I'm not an Amy Adams fan, but she did a nice job. Jennifer Lawrence was fantastic. I first saw her in "Winter's Bone," and thought she was amazing. It's nice to see her rise since.

Going to see 'AH' today. Thx for the review.
I've been a Jennifer Lawrence fan since 'Winter's Bone." Such a dynamic performer .. so much emotion. I've downloaded 'The Poker House' which predates 'WB' but have yet to watch it. She's also a treat to listen to and watch during interviews and on talk shows.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enjoyed American Hustle. Got bogged down in a few spots but performances by Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale and Jeremy Renner lifted the whole thing.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Agree about the boggy bits. The actors came through. The directing and editing should've been better.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watched "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," which I enjoyed a lot. I would've preferred a unique ending to top the movie, but that might be nitpicking. Ben Stiller did a nice job of acting, and amazing directing, and I say that even though I don't usually like him.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Finally watched 'The Poker House' iTunes rental, $3.99.

What a powerful piece of cinema. Moving performances by Selma Blair, Jennifer Lawrence,
Chloe Grace Moretz & Sophia Bairley.

Directed by Lori Petty.

The scene with Agnes (Lawrence) and her mom (Blair) 2/3 through the picture breaks the hardest hearts, including mine.

Highly recommend.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got a Xmas present from Sky movies! They gave me £4.49 to spend on any film I wanted to watch. No contest there! At Worlds End! Wow! Loved it. What a trilogy of films. I want that movie on DVD.

Most reactions