What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Total recall 2012 .

Didn't like it :-(

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Really? Why? We loved Arnies version. Tell me why? Haven't seen it so a non biased explanation would be lovely.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Arnies version pretty much set the story for me , I guess I expected there to be a greater amount of correlation from the old to the new but the similarities are few and far between .

Without disclosing a great deal , the new film is plotted around one planet , Earth .

"Recall" memory implants still hold true to the original , alongside a protagonist , and a wife who's not as she appears but the new 2012 is a story about different factions on opposite sides of the planet as opposed to different planets like the original .

For me I wasn't impressed , there are a few aspects carried on from the original , but for me it felt as though they were too deliberate to help people recognize the relationship to the original .
For example Arnie has to remove a tracker from his nose after being told where it was , likewise so does the new version but this time he has to remove a phone from his hand ( you'll understand after watching) .
The three breasted woman appears again , perhaps expected that one really as it caused considerable conversation back in the day :) !.

If it wasn't for those , and a few ,others I'd have easily thought that the new version could just be another sci-if morality tale with hints of "I Robot" ( for the vehicles ) & Bladerunner ( for the noir ) .

The Arnie version had more 'color' to it , this new version feels like 'Abrams' films , dark scenes , dark clothing, dark environments .

Obviously this is just my opinion or view , perhaps I'm a stickler for remakes staying close to subject rather than throwing in a few reminders on purpose just to make the film interesting . I got kind of bored halfway through and meandered to the end .

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Arnies version pretty much set the story for me , I guess I expected there to be a greater amount of correlation from the old to the new but the similarities are few and far between .

Without disclosing a great deal , the new film is plotted around one planet , Earth .

"Recall" memory implants still hold true to the original , alongside a protagonist , and a wife who's not as she appears but the new 2012 is a story about different factions on opposite sides of the planet as opposed to different planets like the original .

For me I wasn't impressed , there are a few aspects carried on from the original , but for me it felt as though they were too deliberate to help people recognize the relationship to the original .
For example Arnie has to remove a tracker from his nose after being told where it was , likewise so does the new version but this time he has to remove a phone from his hand ( you'll understand after watching) .
The three breasted woman appears again , perhaps expected that one really as it caused considerable conversation back in the day :) !.

If it wasn't for those , and a few ,others I'd have easily thought that the new version could just be another sci-if morality tale with hints of "I Robot" ( for the vehicles ) & Bladerunner ( for the noir ) .

The Arnie version had more 'color' to it , this new version feels like 'Abrams' films , dark scenes , dark clothing, dark environments .

Obviously this is just my opinion or view , perhaps I'm a stickler for remakes staying close to subject rather than throwing in a few reminders on purpose just to make the film interesting . I got kind of bored halfway through and meandered to the end .

I felt there wasn't much story to the new one. I know a lot of people that enjoyed it, it just seemed a little 'flat' to me.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, thanks guys. This was really interesting. As I said before, Arnies version is a classic for us and I'm sure I will get around to watching it but what I liked about the original was the Mars and Earth conflict so no Mars at all? Wow, that definitely does sound like a different movie. Shame.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just watched 49. Found it somewhat expected.....on the other hand not everyone gets to be a rock star or go to the moon! It was life.

Man plans. God laughs.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, thanks guys. This was really interesting. As I said before, Arnies version is a classic for us and I'm sure I will get around to watching it but what I liked about the original was the Mars and Earth conflict so no Mars at all? Wow, that definitely does sound like a different movie. Shame.

No Mars , and a very different movie indeed .

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dr. Strangelove, which I saw when it came out almost 50 years ago, but not again until tonight. I still remembered the best bits, though.

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Most reactions