What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My son promised my daughter to watch "Remember Me" (Pattinson) with her at home. That's what we were watching today on DVD.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What did you think?

I've seen it before, once or twice. I didn't understand the meaning of it when I saw it for the first time, until I read "September 11, 2001" on the blackboard.
Maybe it's because I gave birth to two children, but every time I see Pierce Brosnan's expression when he realizes that his second son/Pattinson is or will be dead, I can't help crying. The story is nice (not overwhelming, though). The end is definitely the "best" part of it.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it's also why I can't get myself to watch it. It brings back such sorrow. I came home from school to see the second tower falling and feeling such sadness. Terrible waste.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's also why I can't get myself to watch it. It brings back such sorrow. I came home from school to see the second tower falling and feeling such sadness. Terrible waste.

I remember that I turned on TV by chance to see the first tower burning, and didn't realize at first that this wasn't a movie, but reality. When the plane crashed into the second tower, I was shocked and upset. Even more so, when both buildings collapsed, although newsmen had told before they would stand those impacts without problems.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw and felt the exact same thing. I've just watched two program's on where USA went wrong with their lack of communication between the FBI, CIA, etc... It was the people on the ground were the ones who made a difference. The air controller and the people on flight 93. So sad and made me cry again. Johanna!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw and felt the exact same thing. I've just watched two program's on where USA went wrong with their lack of communication between the FBI, CIA, etc... It was the people on the ground were the ones who made a difference. The air controller and the people on flight 93. So sad and made me cry again. Johanna!

I feel for you.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What was your feeling for The Falling Man program? Everyone was horrified when it came out but to be quite honest, the program says it was the most graphic photo of what was really happening to those poor people. Yes, the firefighter photos and police photos were just as inspiring but it was the poor people who made the choice to die in the way they wanted to die as in burnt to death or buried beneath the buildings. Have you seen that movie called The Falling Man? It's on YouTube. Very interesting and topical at the moment. I saw it when it first came out but it brought it all back for me again by watching it. I now know who it is now, one of the waiters at the top of one of the towers. The head chef had an opticians appointment so wasn't there when it happened. Imagine his horror arriving to see his colleagues making those sorts of decisions etc... I asked my two teenage daughters and they both said they remembered what day it was but I don't think it was mentioned in our school at all! We lost Brits in that devastation too!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What was your feeling for The Falling Man program? Everyone was horrified when it came out but to be quite honest, the program says it was the most graphic photo of what was really happening to those poor people. Yes, the firefighter photos and police photos were just as inspiring but it was the poor people who made the choice to die in the way they wanted to die as in burnt to death or buried beneath the buildings. Have you seen that movie called The Falling Man? It's on YouTube. Very interesting and topical at the moment. I saw it when it first came out but it brought it all back for me again by watching it. I now know who it is now, one of the waiters at the top of one of the towers. The head chef had an opticians appointment so wasn't there when it happened. Imagine his horror arriving to see his colleagues making those sorts of decisions etc... I asked my two teenage daughters and they both said they remembered what day it was but I don't think it was mentioned in our school at all! We lost Brits in that devastation too!

I haven't heard of that before. I know the picture.
Hard to imagine what I would do in their situation.
I remember we spoke about 9/11 at school. The students started to talk about it, so I had to pick it up and explain it, so that they understood what has happened.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, your age groups weren't born. Mine are the upper years. Is it 12 years? Wow! Can't believe that.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like my sort of movie Kay! Anything to do with Austen is! I have most adaptations.

Yes, I'm a sucker for almost all Austen-related movies. I also like the star of Austenland, Keri Russell. I've always found her charming and down to earth.

Most reactions

Latest posts