What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I fell asleep during part of Skyfall as well.

Oh dear! After how many drinks? :)

I don't remember the last time I went to a movie theater, or what I saw. I can't think of anything positive about the experience. Certainly not the price, the deafening volume, the audience talking/coughing/sneezing/farting, children crying, sick people swapping germs, cellphones...all on top of the one-in-hundred chance that the movie will be any good. OTOH, at home I can pause the DVD whenever I like, for as long as I like. Since movies are free from the library, there's no pressure to sit through a loser, just pop it out and try another. And if I didn't quite get something, back up and play it again.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh dear Lanny. Your experiences sound awful. I agree to a point. I try and block it all out especially if the film engages you. Limit film choices to guaranteed success films and watch the rest at home.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh dear! After how many drinks? :)

I don't remember the last time I went to a movie theater, or what I saw. I can't think of anything positive about the experience. Certainly not the price, the deafening volume, the audience talking/coughing/sneezing/farting, children crying, sick people swapping germs, cellphones...all on top of the one-in-hundred chance that the movie will be any good. OTOH, at home I can pause the DVD whenever I like, for as long as I like. Since movies are free from the library, there's no pressure to sit through a loser, just pop it out and try another. And if I didn't quite get something, back up and play it again.

Lol. I don't remember if I had a drink at Skyfall, but I've only ever had one if I'm at a theater. If I like a movie, I won't want to be interrupted while watching, and if it doesn't engage me, I'll have fallen asleep before a second drink, lol.

I tend to like movies that make me think or teach me something about how others live. I also love period movies. Movies like Skyfall and Oz generally have little chance of engaging me, but I'll sometimes go to keep my DH company. Harry Potter-type movies are like overpriced sleeping pills for me, lol.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The restored Fantasia DVD. Of course, it's the "politically correct" version, with several brief scenes removed due to "racial stereotyping" of certain characters. I suppose that was the right thing to do, considering a large audience of children, but I'm glad the originals are still available on YouTube. Folks should be able to see how far we've come in 73 years.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The restored Fantasia DVD. Of course, it's the "politically correct" version, with several brief scenes removed due to "racial stereotyping" of certain characters. I suppose that was the right thing to do, considering a large audience of children, but I'm glad the originals are still available on YouTube. Folks should be able to see how far we've come in 73 years.

I was digging for an old BBC comedy show that I wanted to post. It was from the late 50s/early 60s. I watched a few minutes of it to check the quality, but in doing so, realized that it wasn't fit for the forum. First, it wasn't even funny. People appeared to laugh at ANYTHING back then, and second, it was so racist I would have been embarrassed to post it.

I'll stick to Monty Python.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was digging for an old BBC comedy show that I wanted to post. It was from the late 50s/early 60s. I watched a few minutes of it to check the quality, but in doing so, realized that it wasn't fit for the forum. First, it wasn't even funny. People appeared to laugh at ANYTHING back then, and second, it was so racist I would have been embarrassed to post it.

I'll stick to Monty Python.

There is some shocking stuff from the beeb and ITV back then, we have rose tinted glasses on but catch the odd glimpse of those old shows and you wonder what was going through the minds of those that made them and watched them!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Salt....an interesting spy type romp.

I have The Hobbit to watch on Blu Ray, the only issue for me is 3D or 2D, can my eyes handle 3D for that long!?

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Salt....an interesting spy type romp.

I have The Hobbit to watch on Blu Ray, the only issue for me is 3D or 2D, can my eyes handle 3D for that long!?

The Archangel

Salt was on here just the other day too.

What couldn't she get out of!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts