Whats the best way to connect to an HDMI TV for presentations?

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by ocean2026, Aug 26, 2013.

1. ocean2026

ocean2026 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an HDMI 15 ft cable with two male ends. They do have wireless where I wil be but not sure I trust it.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +899 / 0
    Hi Ocean.... - not sure which iPad you own (i.e. 30-pin or Lightning dock)? But, an HDMI cable can be used w/ the proper adapter attached to your iPad - I have the one shown below for my iPad 2 which attaches to the dock; at the other end are the charging cable (white) and the HDMI cable (black) going to an HDMI input on a HDTV (be sure that the proper input is selected on the TV). Now a 'wireless' option would be using Apple's Air Play technology - modern HDTVs may have the Air Play built-in or an Apple TV could be used. There may be other choices but either of the ones described will work - good luck and let us know your results - Dave :)

accessory-apple-digital-av-adapter.jpg
  3. ocean2026

ocean2026 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Giradman - I have the 30 pin cept my daughter borrows it so much I just ordered an Ipad4 64 new for $475 on CL. Is anything else needed if I buy Apple Tv? Is there any loss in resolution depending on which method is used?
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +899 / 0
    Hi again Ocean.... - the iPad 4 has the Lightning docking station, so if you go w/ a cabled HDMI connection, you'll need the correct docking adapter (or an adapter for an adapter); the Apple TV is an inexpensive 'little' box that connects to your TV (similar to a Roku device which I own), i.e. receives Wi-Fi signals from your wireless network and allows you to watch/hear a variety of free or paid programs - check HERE for more information; but the device also has Air Play built-in, so anything on the iPad that can be 'played' over the air can be fed into the Apple TV (also explained in the link) - good luck w/ your selection(s). Dave :)

buystrip_hero_2x.png
  5. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +481 / 0
    [​IMG]

To add to David's excellent post I suggest adding a Airport express router from Apple. This is a perfect solution for your requirement. This can be used where you have no Internet connection however it does need to be set up using a computer at your home. Once set up you can take it any where and share your iPad, screen with any HDMI TV or monitor using the combination of Airport xpress and Apple TV You will need one HDMI cable to connect the Apple TV to the HDMi input on the TV..... hope this helps.

C