What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best glue to glue back on a car door handle?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And no, I don't wanna google it. I'm crabby. :(

My inside car door handle broke off in my hand yesterday! In an Acura, no less. It looks like it is PLASTIC, covered in aluminum foil!!

I can't get out that door now. Please tell me it is glueable. Is that even a word? And I don't have to replace the whole darn thing.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doubt you'll be lucky.
Door handles are flat with a small gluing area and subject to a lot of pressure.

Better to look for a complete replacement from a wrecked vehicle.
Isn't there a repair man who's friendly? Or even ask Scott if he could source one for you :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you can try super glue, but get the kind that comes in 2 parts that you have to mix together. There is also some stuff called Gorilla Glue that is pretty good. Personally, I think it is probably time to go to your local Acura dealer and open up your new wallet (since you lost your purple one) and buy a new handle. Now tell this new guy you are dating to put it on. This will be the first (of many!) tests for this guy. If he can't do this simple thing, then its time to give him to old heave-ho and find someone new. Remember, as Red Green says...

rgreen.jpg

"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doubt you'll be lucky.
Door handles are flat with a small gluing area and subject to a lot of pressure.

Better to look for a complete replacement from a wrecked vehicle.
Isn't there a repair man who's friendly? Or even ask Scott if he could source one for you :)

I figured. Gotta wonder how much that door handle will cost.

Well you can try super glue, but get the kind that comes in 2 parts that you have to mix together. There is also some stuff called Gorilla Glue that is pretty good. Personally, I think it is probably time to go to your local Acura dealer and open up your new wallet (since you lost your purple one) and buy a new handle.

aww...man. I don't want to, Scott.

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, the price isn't that bad. I remember looking for one a couple of months ago and found them in ebay for around $20-$30 shipping included. I would think buying them at the dealer would be so much more expensive, granted that is new and the ones I saw in ebay were used. Labor for replacing your broken handle can go from free (having your date do it as Scott mentioned) to around $80/hr.

Good luck :)

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rgreen.jpg

A True Canadian Hero!

I agree with the scrap yard idea. Go look at a clone of your car that has been wrecked and grab a door handle. A lot cheaper and a really good "Man Test" for your mate.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, the price isn't that bad. I remember looking for one a couple of months ago and found them in for around $20-$30 shipping included. I would think buying them at the dealer would be so much more expensive, granted that is new and the ones I saw in ebay were used. Labor for replacing your broken handle can go from free (having your date do it as Scott mentioned) to around $80/hr.

Good luck :)

Thanks so much!

You might try the salvage yards to find another one.

Good idea~ Thanks!

I agree with the scrap yard idea. Go look at a clone of your car that has been wrecked and grab a door handle. A lot cheaper and a really good "Man Test" for your mate.

Lol!

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My inside car door handle broke off in my hand yesterday! In an Acura, no less. It looks like it is PLASTIC, covered in aluminum foil!!

I can't get out that door now. Please tell me it is glueable. Is that even a word? And I don't have to replace the whole darn thing.

We might get a post from SP out in her car, glued to the door!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We might get a post from SP out in her car, glued to the door!

As long as she does not end up like this.

screenshot20110129at225.png

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB3BpOYWauU[/ame]

OKay I am going to hide now........:D
screenshot20110129at225.png

Most reactions

Latest posts