What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's my iPad 2 worth ?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought it and never use it because it's so limited as to what you can do with it compared to a laptop so I'm just going to sell it. If Apply does come out with a smaller version I will buy one and it will become our home theater remote to replace a failing Crestron touch remote.

SPECS:
iPad 2
WiFi
3G
64gb

Not one scratch one it at all.

Need to call best buy and find out if the 2 year plan I bought can be transferred.

Thanks
Randy

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sell it on amazon or at least see that you can get for it there.

I got $414 for my wifi only 64gb iPad 2 from amazon. The 3G versions were like $40 more back in march 2012.

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's wrong with just a Logitech touch remote? It's better to use the right tool for the job.

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it and never use it because it's so limited as to what you can do with it compared to a laptop so I'm just going to sell it. If Apply does come out with a smaller version I will buy one and it will become our home theater remote to replace a failing Crestron touch remote.

SPECS:
iPad 2
WiFi
3G
64gb

Not one scratch one it at all.

Need to call best buy and find out if the 2 year plan I bought can be transferred.

Thanks
Randy

FYI, Radio Shack also has a trade-in program. It's a little less than BB's but you don't have to send it in and wait for a gift card.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the US there is Gazelle which would give you $385 for it and that price is locked in for 30 days once you accept it. Gazelle resells the items that have value via Amazon or eBay. There is Nextworth

Last edited:

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to see where RedNeck_Randy is coming from. I am use to using a PC desktop or laptop computers with multiple monitors attached to them. They are running multi-tasking programs some in smaller windows. One of these apps is IRC connected to multiple servers. On the Ipad there is no multi-tasking of apps with all but a few apps having to be put in suspension when one switches back to another app. Due to an Apple restriction, Colloquy my IRC app on iPad will auto close after 10 mins of being "minimized". I personally could not have the iPad as my sole computing device. I have also cut back on buying paid apps on the Apps store. Perhaps its because I come from the PC side where one usually can try out apps to see if they suit your need before having to purchase them. I have cut back my purchasing of apps from the App store simply because of past experiences with paid apps as well as free ones not living up to what the product reviews seem to indicate. If Apple would have a trial period for apps during which one could seek a refund I know for certain that I would buy more apps.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see where he is coming from. I can do things on my iPad that I simply would not want to do with a laptop. They are not the same device. If I only could have one, I would get a laptop because that is the stage of life I'm in now. But for other people the iPad might be better than a laptop. And apps for an iPad are typicaly much less expensive than PC programs, so you are not out much if the app doesn't fully address your needs. And if you do a little reading ahead of time, you can easily determine what limitations an app may have.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
snowbound said:
I tend to see where RedNeck_Randy is coming from. I am use to using a PC desktop or laptop computers with multiple monitors attached to them. They are running multi-tasking programs some in smaller windows. One of these apps is IRC connected to multiple servers. On the Ipad there is no multi-tasking of apps with all but a few apps having to be put in suspension when one switches back to another app. Due to an Apple restriction, Colloquy my IRC app on iPad will auto close after 10 mins of being "minimized". I personally could not have the iPad as my sole computing device. I have also cut back on buying paid apps on the Apps store. Perhaps its because I come from the PC side where one usually can try out apps to see if they suit your need before having to purchase them. I have cut back my purchasing of apps from the App store simply because of past experiences with paid apps as well as free ones not living up to what the product reviews seem to indicate. If Apple would have a trial period for apps during which one could seek a refund I know for certain that I would buy more apps.

I agree on being able to try apps out first. They've really tightened down the refund policy and basically don't do it anymore unless the circumstances are really unique. Some developers have a lite version of their app and I suppose that's the trial. However, it takes a little time to truly know if an app is going to work for you. I also get that developers can't just keep dealing with refunds all the time. Maybe a non refundable $.50 cent trial fee or something could work? You get 48 hours or whatever.

There should be a happy medium here somewhere, me thinks.

Most reactions

Latest posts