What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats more valuable to you: Your ipad or your camera?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you trade your ipad for a nice DSLR? My best buy said lots have been doing it.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
It depends on the situation. Since I have a very nice DSLR rig, if I have the ability to pack it along, that is always my first choice. However, when space is an issue, as long as i have my iPhone 4S for shooting and the iPad for general editing (love the Photostream for that) I can get along very nicely until I get home on my MBP. The nicest thing is using Photoshop Touch and then bringing the iPad edited photos into Photoshop. Nice to see quick edits and such.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad is so much more than a camera. I use my iPad for many things, of which photography is only one part. I wouldn't want to trade it for a DSLR, which is a single purpose device.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have a DSLR, and don't envision getting one when my iPad takes photos like this:

image-3793877750.jpg

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My camera is more valuable than my iPad, but I could not function properly without both... ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been years since I bothered with a camera, but I have an old Nikon lying around. I doubt it's worth much.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In terms of cost, my camera equipment is worth much more than my iPad. In terms of purpose, the camera is, of course, much better at taking photos, and the iPad is better at computing, including the editing of the photos taken with the camera. Each is more valuable for its intended purpose.

Jamellla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll rather have both too...
I just love the combination of the two gadgets. It really works.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In terms of cost, my camera equipment is worth much more than my iPad. In terms of purpose, the camera is, of course, much better at taking photos, and the iPad is better at computing, including the editing of the photos taken with the camera. Each is more valuable for its intended purpose.

Exactly. Also, while the camera is better at taking photos, the iPad (retina) is better and viewing them (as well as editing).

Most reactions