What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's going to be more attractive, iOS4/JB or iOS5/not

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've barely scratched the surface of Cydia and JB apps, both in downloads AND understanding. But, it seems to me that retaining the jailbroken iOS 4.3.3 is going to easily be the match of a non JB iOS5. Does this seem like a reasonable assumption? Now when iPad 3 comes out, that will be a different matter altogether, and will warrent a different set of determining values... yes?

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone with common sense and 4.3.3 blobs would stay at 4.3.3 for the jailbreak. Everything that iOS 5 offers, jailbreak offers in some way that is usually better.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I go with iOS5 jailbreak > iOS 5 stock.

When Apple develops and implements the Cydia tweaks Overboard, SBSettings and Inspell, then I'll think seriously about stock iOS.

Until then, I'm gonna sit here at 4.3.3, waiting for a jail break for iOS 5...

Marilyn

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Can you please explain the "add to my thread" part... don't get it. (EDIT) Got it! I just didn't read the thread topics before coming here.

Thanks for the comments all. Just what I was thinking and wanted to hear... unless there are more valid comments by non-JBers who just don't or won't get onto this topic section.

Brian

Last edited:

Don9307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bingoldsby said:
I've barely scratched the surface of Cydia and JB apps, both in downloads AND understanding. But, it seems to me that retaining the jailbroken iOS 4.3.3 is going to easily be the match of a non JB iOS5. Does this seem like a reasonable assumption? Now when iPad 3 comes out, that will be a different matter altogether, and will warrent a different set of determining values... yes?

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

IOS5/Not.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

verbalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not being jailbroken is not an option for me. There are just too many things that you can do with a jailbroken device. Much like I did for iOS 4, I'll just wait for the jailbreak.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm curious, what happens if iOS 5 proves to be unbreakable? You stay on iOS 4 and iPad 2 and that's it for you?

-t

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3.3 + jb for me.
I did suffer my 3 months with stock ios on ipad2. If you ask me now, I am not buying an ios device again until its jb has been released, although I may change this position based on future ios developments

verbalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
I'm curious, what happens if iOS 5 proves to be unbreakable? You stay on iOS 4 and iPad 2 and that's it for you?

-t

While there has been some info that iOS 5 might be very tough to crack, there is no reason to suggest that it wont be jailbreakable.

But, for the sake of argument, if it's not, then unless iOS 5 has everything that is available on this current jailbreak, I won't update.

Most reactions