What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatever happened to Aweditorium??

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was such a cool app. Great way to discover new music and I loved the presentation....very VH-1 instyle. I stopped using it for a while when I got hooked into Pandora, etc. I love Pandora but it's not nearly as good as Aweditorium for discovering some new acts and learning about them. I ran the app once again and this time it just doesn't do anything. Can't find it in the App Store. So I guess it was taken down?

Anyone have any idea? This is an awesome app and I used it a BUNCH and have been wanting to use it again.

"We did win, didn't we?"

"No. But if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't find it, or any recent information. Streaming services are a fast moving and very competitive market right now. The smaller ones are dying off, fast.

OP
Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a shame. I'd hate to delete the app because it worked out so well but apparently there's no more support for it and it just doesn't work. (sigh)

"We did win, didn't we?"

mikebftw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went looking for Aweditorium today on the app store, and a subsequent Google search brought me here. I miss it too - it was one of my favorite apps on my first-gen iPad. Judging from their twitter and facebook pages, the app's creators sort of dropped off the face of the earth in 2013. One of their other creations, thesixtyone.com, is still operational, but it looks as though it hasn't been updated in a while.

If you like the artists that were featured on Aweditorium, I would recommend visiting daytrotter.com. I think most of the aweditorium artists have recorded sessions there.

bezoris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was such a cool app. Great way to discover new music and I loved the presentation....very VH-1 instyle. I stopped using it for a while when I got hooked into Pandora, etc. I love Pandora but it's not nearly as good as Aweditorium for discovering some new acts and learning about them. I ran the app once again and this time it just doesn't do anything. Can't find it in the App Store. So I guess it was taken down?

Anyone have any idea? This is an awesome app and I used it a BUNCH and have been wanting to use it again.

"We did win, didn't we?"

bezoris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Totally agree.

It's where I found Sleigh Bells, Joe Perry(?), Tallest Man on Earth, etc, back in the day. A lot of acts I'd like to book now that I'm programming. A shame the app died... very cool idea and implementation.

Most reactions

Latest posts